Sonic 1 Harder Levels

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by EMK-20218, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

This isn't a megamix topic. This is Harder Levels. Therefore, less megamix, more HL =P

2. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

This is exactly what i mean.

Also, thanks Selbi for the news about the project. ;D

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  3. EMK-20218

UPDATE!! Some new stuff I made this month.

[​IMG]

I disabled the background using the emulator. My purpose on this is show the Title Screen foreground. How nice it is?

[​IMG]

Tails finally added to the gameplay. Tails swims and fly like in Sonic 3.

[​IMG]

A desert-ish Marble Zone. This is the third development of this level. So, the graphical design is unfinished yet.

[​IMG]

Knuckles on a GHZ wall. Working at least 80% perfectly. He play his sounds in his actions and all.

Total credits for Tornado by the characters.

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The only thing, and I really mean the ONLY thing, I need to complain about, is that Sonic seems to be quite bright. Maybe you should crop down the brightness a bit. Besides that it seems to be perfect retromized.

Nice to see you are still using my Crabmeat. I always thought it's not that awesome, but you seem to like it.
    (In case you can't tell it by the screenshots, the balls, the crabmeat shoots are not getting removed, but they'll stay on ground, as soon as they are touching it.)

5. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

That titlescreen.... did you by any chance get the idea from sonic 4? =/ . Ok I'm not having ago, it looks nice, but I dunno I guess I want more orignal stuff, but then again I can't say anything so, just ignore my comment.

6. Kain

Kain Well-Known Member Member

Sexy title screen you got there.

7. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Wow... That's a pretty cool title screen.

You should add a background to it... =)

8. EMK-20218

This is fixed. I promise to post some screenshot pictures soon.

This is a retromized version of the Sonic 4's Sonic. As you can see on the Sonic's eye and his classic body's physic, the Sonic itself is the classic one. Only the pose is from Sonic 4.

Well, your comment is here to be considered.

Thanks, as I said above, I'll post the fixed other soon.

A background?!?

Yeah, but i'm too lazy for make a awesome one. I'm in need of suggestions for this.

9. EMK-20218

Release:

The last version that will use this source code. Click here for download.

The name says "Version 0.0.0" because the project will be restarted at the next version. I'm really sorry, and, thanks for all who helped with this during these years.

Well, new source code, new concepts, complete rewrite and all. Please DO NOT get surprised on what you all will see on the next version of the hack. Also, after this break I got, I practiced a lot too... Now this is time for start a new really nice work. Thanks, folks!

EDIT: Sorry for double post again. But I need to post news.

10. Guest

dude I played it and some of the art looks great! along side that, nice on how you did the sunset as you play through the zones. all though there are some parts thats still got to be done on here, this version of S1HL is going to look kick-ass.

totally looking foward to this when it is fully completed. ;)

11. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Clearly someone didn't read.

There will be a complete rewrite, so what you saw won't be finished per say.

12. Guest

I was kind of excited at the moment that I forgot that he said that. well besides me feeling like a fool saying all what I said, and the fact that I know this one won't be finished, at least I have the new project the he said he is starting on to wait for in the future.

13. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Well thats true ;) at least we know from this that we can expect a good quality product ;)

14. EMK-20218

After years without any update, here are some updates of the version 1.0 of Sonic Harder Levels which will become finally released soon.

This first video shows some of the various fixes on characters which were being made since the last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5QEp38rMk

This second one features a lot more, including additions and extra paths for Sonic and Knuckles, correct wall climbing among others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTIpmZPgWr8

Finished two days ago, here's the fourth special stage from the hack. It features the different special stage visual with a alive background, new music, completely new sound effects and a engine change which gives to the Sonic a underwater physic/gravity and the typical hack's HARD layout design. Enjoy!

Credits goes to the following team members:

HPZMan - for basically all the fixes shown in the first two videos, and for give the gravity change idea for the 4th special stage.

Tornado - for make the code for the custom background art per special stage and for fix the first part of the character codes.

HCKTROX - for improve the background engine making them properly animated and deformed.

DeoxysKyogre - For make the code for the gravity thing and for make it stable.

Eduardo Knuckles (myself. Duh!) - For make the hard layouts and for fix the VRAM for the new backgrounds, and obviously, for their art.

SCAA - For some of the foreground art used used in the special stage stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  15. MASTERestlib

MASTERestlib Well-Known Member Member

dat speciul staeg :3

16. EMK-20218

Thanks, man. Some more new stuff will be shown soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  17. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

So far, this project is looking a lot better than what it looked like earlier in progress, but we all know that this project is going to take a long time before it is even ready to be considered as a full release. I look to the future in optimism, knowing that someday this may be released. How ever the events may turn out, I will always be rooting for the team that is making this hack. Good luck Eduardo Knuckles and your team; I can't wait for yet another update.

18. TheRetroGuy

TheRetroGuy Newcomer In Limbo

I've seen those monitors somewhere before. I think they're from Sonic Rush. But anyways awesome job.

19. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

[​IMG]

It seems to be the correct accusation. Never had I really paid attention this much. I have to say that it looks odd with the pallet it uses. But still nice import. I also like the edits made on the top of the monitor in the HLP screenshot; it makes it look that much more original.

20. EZEQUIEL

EZEQUIEL Active Member Exiled

Was a very good hack a shame it was cancelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.