Music Problem.....

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by c1owd, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

I have a problem with music.....I made a song with xm3smps.....Well Anyway my problem is that the song I made i want to put it in SBZ but in level select it sounds good......but in the level it sounds kinda jacked up........because the sfx from SBZ when the sfx plays (like rings, spindash, peelout, fire, etc) while the new level music is playing the level's music sounds like it been cut off (for 1 sec.) or like some voices are missing (for 1 sec.) or just stops for like 1 second......so is there anyway to fix this so it plays like a regular sonic 1 song.....no stopping or lagging when other sfx are playing? Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  2. c1owd

I think people got confused on what I wrote so I made a video of the problem......Enjoy/Help pls!!!

Sonic The Hedgehog ZX - Music Problems

3. Estlib

Estlib Sahkamina Member

i aint a genius but... sfx are also like songs, they cut off song from those tracks the sfx needs. its like in sonic 1, sonic 2, sonic 1 megamix... in any other console game you look, its like that. (under consoles meaning nes, snes, sms/gg , genesis/megadrive. there are 7 choices:

*1: lose the sfx from the game

*2: lose the music from the game

*3: use minimal tracks for music

*4: port the game to 32x so youd have more tracks

*5: make sfx as pcm samples

*6: use the pcm driver to play music from there

*7: something else i didnt think of...

4. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Switch the channels around. So if Lead is FM1, switch it to say FM2. SFX kill some voices on certain channels.

The voice selection isn't the best, but :U

5. c1owd

Thanks You Guys!, I'll try what you said Irixion....And if that doesn't work then.....Oh Well!!!.....LoL!!!

Anyway, If someone finds some kind of solution to this problem please tell me right away!!!

Thanks!

6. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

If it didn't work then you didn't change them into the correct channels. Keep changing them around until it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.