Sonic 2: Revamped

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Irixion, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Well, Final release of Sonic 2 Revamped is here. Please do not report any bugs.

Screenie:

[​IMG]

Defunc't iPhone build. Level is in the newer build though.

The following links link to two roms.

One is the final cut down version of the game, and one is the pre cut, one that has old art and what not, and some bug shit.

S2R Final:

http://sonicsanctuary...S2RJuly4.rar (Please wait for the count down to complete)

S2R:

http://sonicsanctuary...S2RApril5.rar (Please wait for the count down to complete)

Credits:

Markey The Jester for being an awesome bastard and helping with shit. Lots of it

Alriightyman for code that I can't remember, but I know he helped, as well as the S3 sprites that I edited.

Hitaxas for lots of code, SGMC code being one (no drama please, credits to who made it, he put it in there), Homing attack, sprite trails

Estlib for first zone Foreground concepts

SOTI for his original knux code, although it's not in use. (Forgot him again)

And anyone else who I missed. But those were the big ones.

Please note that all the goodies (such as sprites and other stuffs) will be transferred over to a new hack should I start one.

Oh, and If you're curious, I found the old rom upon one of the working ones from the damaged data. After two HDD crashes because of virus activity, some file types were not affected, binaries were one of them. The newer backup was provided by Markey The Jester.

Discuss.

Please give me input on what I can improve, layout and creativity wise.

Go see if you can find the easter eggs now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Good work, but how did you get permission to use the (stolen) SGMC screen.

It's a shame that this hack has gone to waste.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  3. Irixion

Like I said, it comes as is. Well, the art is stolen...As for the code, dunno. Hitaxas gave me the original code for it but if I recall correctly I got the sega screen and messed around with it. Was like two months ago that I did it, so I don't remember.

Edit: Don't remember if it's the stolen code Hitaxas gave me (It was in rom before I knew where it came from) or if it's the sega screen code I messed around with....probably the first though.

4. Kain

Kain Well-Known Member Member

Why does the b button go right into debug mode, thats super annoying.

5. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I remember seeing an old version of this on youtube awhile back. I like the art, and the small features that you have done, I like the new spring sprite. The only thing I would like to see at the moment for the first level would be to finish the art and the layout. Because at the moment that is looking good. :)

6. Irixion

Why? Because the game needs debug to be fully explored. Levels are unfinishable without it.

Yeah, but I already mentioned that I won't be continuing this. I need a clean slate. Things like the springup, collisionless spring and other stuffs will be a part of my 'engine' edit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.