Sonic CD style spindash in Sonic 1 or 2

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Mystic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic

Mystic If your reading this u lost 13.5% of your brain Member

I dont know but is it possible to make a sonic cd style spindash in sonic 1 or 2? It always bugs me to ask this question.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

have you tried looking at hacks that have done this before, or maybe google search? I sort of did one for the final of Sonic Regen (although it wasn't completely perfect as my knowledge wasn't quite brilliant at the time), but I know that Cinossu did virtually a perfect one for Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedge...xtended_Edition

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The only hard thing at this is to make the camera go off-center a bit. The rest should be pretty easy to do yourself. Look at the Spindash tutorial on Retro and modify it a bit.

Oh and also, this sounds like a do it for me question + with a little bit searching you should've been able to figure it out yourself.

4. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Well I mean he didn't actully say, 'how can you do this?' he said if it was possible and the anwser is yes. But I suppose then he may come back with the question'How do you do this' and that sais it all.

5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

It is possible. If you wanted to modify the Sonic 2 spindash, remove the sections relating to charging up the spindash. To use the roll animation, simply change the animation. You may need to do something to make the roll on the ground instead of a few pixels up.

That reminds me, I have something overdue to do.

6. Kain

Kain Well-Known Member Member

wouldn't it be eaiser to just port the s2 beta spin then call it a day pretty much.

7. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

No. If you look carefully, it's like the peelout. You have to wait a little bit of time before you can release. Also, the animations are quite different (at first slow, than fast rolling). And the camera goes off-centre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.