Wrong palette line use when i import art to SonED2 using the .pcx method

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DeoxysKyogre, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

Ok. I finally know how to import palette and art to soned2. But, there's something i don't get. Always, when i import art on SonED2 (except the ported levels of s2, s3 and sCD with their projects) always are using Sonic's palette line. I know there's a way to edit blocks one per one to use a different palette line... But, isn't there an easier and quicker way to do this? I were days and days trying to fix this... And if it's problem of the pcx, how could i acommodate it so it uses the correct palette line? Please, if you have the solution, tell me, i always wanted to do art myself on this way. I'd appreciate your help, guys. Thanks a lot.

-Deoxyskyogre ;)

2. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

As far as I know, you have to change to the palette line you want for all of the tiles/blocks, and editing them if needed to fit your palette. Thats what I've always done, I know its long but art can't be rushed ;).

3. DeoxysKyogre

Yeah, i know that. Although, isn't there a quicker way to acommodate the graphics to insert them in other palette line?

4. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

There is a faster way.I wrote this guide it should be easy to follow.

Here is a guide.

5. DeoxysKyogre

Wow, awesome! This is what i wanted loooooong time ago! =D You made a great work with it, seriously!

6. theocas

theocas #! Member

Helped me too!

7. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Link isn't active or isn't working here. Also, I'm in need of this too.

8. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

I'm sure that guide will fix your problem, but basically, you need to make sure the pallete is set up correctly in the .pcx file, make sure that the pallete lines themselves don't clash (ie: have identical colours in different positions on other pallete lines - if soned2 sees a blue on Pal0, in the 5th position, and you want it to use the blue on Pal3 where it is on the 7th position.) If you are meticulous with your source image, this won't be a problem, but shit happens and I'm sure that guide will sort you out.

9. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I moved My website since the old one has way too much down time My old site was hosted at heliohost.org now it is at x10hosting.com.The new link is here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.