Sonic the hedgehog AGX [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by -, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

No worries. Actually this gives me a bit more of an insight on what I would have to fix so thanks for the list. As for your question about why I added you to the credits, it was from the time I asked a question about extending the levels.

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Stop posting bollocked images. Sick of seeing jpgs that have been converted into another format and then posted. Either post a proper png taken from the emulator, or just don't fucking bother.

3. M.N.K.

Is that ment for me or for kelvin?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  4. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

It's definitely meant for kelvin, try opening one of his screenshots in any image editor and zoom in. Or just look at the file size, or count the colors used, or... Whatever, they're just wrong.

Your screenshots are fine instead, as they're properly taken PNG files. I'm not a fan of the 2× resolution, but it's ok if you want to show your art details. Feel free to continue in this way.

5. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon kakyoin did you lay this egg Member

Well, here goes some things:

Indeed, you see that you used my Sonic Falling sprite's eyes from my hack. For me there is no problem with that. :p

And you asked permission to use the Sonic Megamix's Mighty ending sprite?

Conclusion: The hack is pretty bugged, but at least enjoy it.

6. M.N.K.

hold up what!? I didnt even know that sprite was from megamix. I will change it ASAP. thanks for the heads up on that.

Edit: Link changed, again thanks for the heads up. people should really start saying whether or not if they custom made these sprites or if they got ripped them from another game as i initially found that sprite somewhere through google, figuring that it was ok to use. it's shit like that why people get so skeptical about everything.

Edit2: So with all the bugs that I received from those that encountered them, I have fixed most of them so far, so i will once again be putting up a new link with most of them fixed. so all toghether, the only ones that are still there but not too much to where it messes it up now are:

From D.A. Gardens list:

and from asuhara's list:

Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was before now. just if you happen to run into anymore, again just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  7. nineko

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And probably more.

[​IMG]

I hit that Crabmeat and I died, probably because of something which checks the top of the screen.

8. M.N.K.

knew about those but forgot to edit the collisions for some of the chunks. they are fixed now. as for the problem when you get to the top of the level, not sure why that happens. 

9. nineko

I can't properly check it right now, but I gave a quick look at the code, and I think this is involved:

Sonic_HurtStop: ; XREF: Obj01_Hurt
    move.w ($FFFFF72E).w,d0
    addi.w #$E0,d0
    cmp.w $C(a0),d0
    bcs.w KillSonicI might be wrong, though.

edit: no, I'm right. And I was sure I already read about it some time ago: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=8815&view=findpost&p=470077

10. M.N.K.

probably sure that someone has found a bug where you are on LZ and by any chance try to turn super, the game freezes. just noticed it myself along with other small bugs I found and have fixed them. along with that, not related to bugs I have added one other thing to this fixed version as well, which is that you now have the ability to break walls without rolling while you are super. once Again the link has been updated with these changes (man this is really starting to become a hobby for me...)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  11. Moryo

Moryo Video Games. Member

I decided to try out the hack and I think it looks nice. I did notice some bugs though: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if the last one was intentional, but I' m sure it wasn't. Also these may have already been fixed I'm not sure, just thought I'd share it anyway. Also sorry for the resolution. When I saw the first bug I quickly paused and turned on Dxtory so I didn't have time to change things.

12. nineko

Please. It turns out I'm not allowed to warn you, but 1225×918 is just rediculous.

13. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Moryo, that first screen you posted isn't a glitch, well not in the sense that it's something Blazer did. What you see is an old "glitch" that dates back to the original S1. In all actuality, it isn't even a real glitch. Each spike has it's own collision even if there is a set of them, each individual spike has it's own collision. Because of this, it's very possible for one to get in between a set of spikes.

14. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Okay, so, I'd like to give you my impressions of this after listening to what everyone else has to say.

First of all, I noticed that if you're doing a Super Peel-Out and you get killed, the sound continues to play. (Not sure if this is the game's fault)

Also:

[​IMG]

The pallet on the rock here is messed up.

[​IMG]

Some messed up tiles.

And countless other things. All in all, this is a great hack, but it's very buggy. Good luck! :)

15. Solar

Solar What? Member

It is simply stunning. Levels of all the colorful, the music to them.

Bosses of the complex, and the first Boss was throwing young Eggman"s [​IMG]

I have this hack was to the end! Bugs very much, very much.

But I wish the project luck! We are waiting for the second release of the Hack!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  16. ScoutCDTen

ScoutCDTen Newcomer Trialist

What's called the Special Stage music?

17. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this hack before. To my surprise, I really enjoyed it!.. and I've only played the first zone! (that first boss is challenging!)
    I enjoyed the level layouts a lot; yes it could use a bit a work, but I still really like what I see so far. Very fun and creative. 

The music needs a lot of work though, if you ever need help or need a few tracks. Don't hesitate to PM me!
    Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  18. Guest

Now I know this is a bit unexpeceted but I felt that this needed to be said and addressed to everybody. For a long while now since the first release I was in denial in wanting to say this, but with the low amount of time that I am going to be having as well as me not having the spark or urge in making hacks like I used to, I have made the decision into Putting this project to rest. Now I know some of you are probably going to say things like don't stop or anything similar to that, but I have other important things to worry about. I am going to be going to college pretty soon and over time will be getting a job as well. I'm sorry to those that may feel someway about this but thats how it is, sh*t happens over time. I gotta life to and I think it's about time I got started on it. Besides, along with this in terms of how much attention and response I got from this, not much at all. In fact almost none (aside from the ones already made here on SSRG anyway). Everywhere else where I showed this off at, there were little to no responses as to how this was. Even basic comments like what was good, what was bad, what could have been changed or improved. Along with the amount of errors and glitches in this already, It was from this alone that I knew it was a flop. So much of a flop that it was reduced to that of a child's game which to me was bad enough already. Now I may come back to doing this later in the future but honestly I doubt it. If anything I will probably be doing mini hacks but that's about all I am going to be doing. It just doesn't feel the same like it used to anymore. I'm more of the type that likes to play hacks rather than make them. But aside from that, just wanted to put this out there for everyone as to why I'm canceling this, and again I'm sorry to those who may feel some way about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.