I can't edit level title cards in soned2 (current version)

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by dreggman, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreggman

dreggman Newcomer Trialist

I am trying to edit the level names in sonic 1 with soned2. The problem is that it came with txt batch files that goes with soned2 it would say to me

"Invalid instruction maxsize" even the inmain.txt batch don't work.

2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Please explain further about you changing the level names? Are you trying to change the layout/object/rings file names to something else?

3. dreggman

dreggman Newcomer Trialist

No I will explaine. the name of the level of the zone for a custom name for that level. But it seems that it dosent like me doing it. Looked at the txt file the maxsize for the rom says 4000 do I have to change it to a diffrent value in the batch or is it just my version of windows ( I have windows 7 ). I am confused at what I am trying to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  4. DrHackMan

DrHackMan I don't always herp, but when I herp, I derp Member

Do you want to change the name on the title card / level select?

If you mean it like I understood it, then you're doing it wrong.

Selbi has made an asm generator for the title cards, which you can download there.

Each zone's title mapping can be found in an function called M_Card_ followed by an abbreviation of the zone's name (GHZ / LZ / MZ / SLZ / SYZ / SBZ /...)

All you have to do is to use the tool to generate new mapping codes, which you use to replace the already existing ones.

If I happen to see an tool for the level select, I'll edit this post here and add a link.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.