Need to find collision data

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Shadow Fire, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

I'm slowly getting back into hacking Sonic 2 once more, and I am trying to port a level from an old build. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the collision locations, since it was patched by Esrael's tool to restore the lost levels.

The level I'm trying to get collision data from is 09 (Genocide City). I've provided the old ROM image in hopes that someone can guide me, since the collision I have in my current (ASM) build is wrong. :p

STLL2 1.1.5.zip

Attached Files:

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

what level is Genocide city Zone?  It doesn't appear on the level select list.

EDIT:  Okay, I believe these are the locations.  If this isn't it, then it's because I have the wrong level.

Primary location: 045C26

Secondary location: 045CA3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Shadow Fire

I'll give it a check. Where does the secondary collision end?

That was it! Thanks very much, mate. I was searching in the wrong area, but then again, Esrael's patch. :p

4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

No worries.  I guess you found where the secondary collision ends?  Not that it matters too much if you include other data after it (as long as it's not too much).

Just to let you know, none of your levels work in Regen.  The level loads up with glitched font from the title card, then freezes.  Starlit Shrine Zone doesn't load up at all, which I believe was level 09, making finding the collision data a lot harder to find =P

5. Shadow Fire

Yeah, it was buggy in all emulators. However, with the assembly hack, all should be fine. I just need to work on level and object layout for both acts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.