Let's shove Flamewings S3K Sound Driver into Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Tutorials Archive' started by Alriightyman, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

So one day, about a year ago, I decided to try to port flamewing's S3K Sound driver into Sonic 2.  I had originally planned to release this quite a while ago, but have been real busy with real life.  

This guide was written with the HG version of the Sonic 2 disassembly in mind, however, it should work with the old and ancient Xenowhirl disassembly as well.  For HG users, this guide will fix the sound effects/music so it uses all Sonic 2 sound effects and music.  Unfortunately, for Xeno users, you will have to manually go through and fix all the sound/music ids by hand.  Anyway, on to the guide:

That about wraps that up.  I would like to thank flamewing for his awesome s3k driver and his very cool tool! Go here to see what his driver and tool is about.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  2. RocketRobz

RocketRobz Coolest of TWL, and Sonic fan Member

Sorry for being stupid, but could you please give me the HG and Xeno disassembly with the guide already applied?

3. Guest

I think he intentionally made it like this so you could understand how these things work as opposed to being lazy not having a clue how to make changes or edit the driver if necessary. on topic, I personally have not heard how Flamewing's s3k driver sounds (might give it a go later), but at least now for those who want s3k quality music in their sonic 2 hacks now have that opportunity. Neat guide man.

4. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

No.  Looking at some of your recent projects, I think you are more than capable of doing this.  Besides, it may look like a lot of work, but it is very easy to do.

It is basically the normal S3K sound driver with bug fixes, improvements, and supports music and sound in assembly form, making it easier to read.  It also comes with a tool to convert a Sonic 1/2 song into this format as well.  I think it is a better way to go.

Also, I forgot to add this:

Thanks to Dracula for posting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.