The Fat of 2008

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Selbi, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

While checking some of my old files from way back then, I've stumbled upon a gem that I just couldn't resist making a video about... which in itself is about me making a video.

Download:
    http://selbi.hapisan.com/sonic2-team_black_force-v1.0.rar
    (I highly encourage you to take a look at the text files for an extra laugh!)

2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

M'kay, I'll reciprocate:

Here's a hack I made that dates back to early 2009, if not late 2008. This is the first hack I had made this back when I was lurking on Sonic Retro, long before I had even heard of SSRG. It's a slightly earlier build from one that was stored on an external HDD, which I can't seem to find. It was made with ESEII, as the concept of working with assembly or a split disassembly while looking on the SCHGs made literally no sense to me. Thing is, I could never seem to get the level editor to work, so with that in mind, get ready to enjoy the adventures of Dark the Hedgehog and his faithful companion Auburn/2Tals, as they fight in recolour land against the evil Dr. 'Robotnick' while trying to attain Perfect Dark: Dark's Ultimate Form. No, I am not shitting you.

Although admittedly, I still think that "Perfect Dark" Super Sonic ending form is pretty sweet.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8afrgabrzufm5wp/Sonic+the+Hedgehog+2+(JUE)+[!]+-+Copy.bin

3. Selbi

At least you had a way better feeling for proper shading than me even back in the day. Mine's just BGR(0,0,0) on everything that was once blue or orange. :V

4. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

I remember the first Sonic hack I ever put out there: Not-so-Super Sonic 2. The first image really says it all.

And from that day forward, I never designed a level again.

5. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

just wondering, did you look good even before?

6. Selbi

Mrs Halonen, I'm APPALLED by your words, for you are implying I never looked like a heartbreaker!

(We shall disregard that the video is called "The Fat of 2008".)

7. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

That's not a proper link. Try right clicking on the file and click on share.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I fortunately don't have download links to my very first hack, which was a shitty palette hack of Sonic 2 16-bit. I do however have access to photos, but I don't feel like digging through all 2,000+ posts of mine over at Retro. :p

10. Ayla

Ayla Sonic Hacking Contest Founder & Commentator Member

Mine are long gone. My first hacks were Sonic 2 Alpha hoaxes and CPZ savestate hacks named Genocide City. You can find them on the waybackmachine internet archive. I provided a link for those interested (you'll have to highlight the text as it no longer has the image of the dark background I used to use on the site).

https://web.archive.org/web/20010126054500/http://ssrg.emulationzone.org/nayr/

11. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

The Fart of 2008 xD

Niko likes this.
  12. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

Back in 2012, I was 12 years old. I discovered Sonic hacking. I thought I'd give it a go myself. I used ESE II to hack Sonic 2 and made some crap palettes and level names. Some of these names were Blood Hill Zone, I Believe I Fly Zone, and Artmeier Zone (based on my last name). I found this when I was going through old hard drives to gather data. If you want to see my very first hack click the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw9qem56jwg162t/Cool Sonic 2 Hack.bin?dl=0

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Meanwhile, back in late 2003, I started on my very 1st game (can download latest version).

My extrememly old site is still up, where you can see just how terrible it really was, although the download links do not work from here. This site also contains little information on my 2nd game, RHS Emerald Search, but again, no links.

EDIT: Hey, hey, exactly 2,500 posts made since 2007. Lovely!

14. TheFieldWarrior

TheFieldWarrior Warrior of the Fields Member

I might as well spill out my old hack, this is actually a prototype of the now halted "Sonic the Hedgehog-Chaos Control" but with tons of questionable ring/badnik placements and a monochrome green palette that many of Razor and Zenon's fans commented on, some were complaints and others were jokes which I did get a kick out of.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/efd0bv4p141fumm/Sonic+and+the+Green+Grass+Zone.zip

Have fun.....I guess

15. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

When I've discovered Sonic hacking, it was in 2013, I've created 2 superprofessional ESEII hacks of S3&K and Sonic 2.

I also made a crappy, not Sonic-related The Games Factory game called "Kanciasty Świat" (Angular World) but it was so crappy that I deleted it some time ago and AFAIK I don't have it anywhere (well, maybe it's better for us all).

Have fun... I guess.