Suggestions I've got.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by MarkeyJester, Apr 5, 2017.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

So, for the longest time there have been a few features that I.P.B has had that Xenforo appears to lack (quite ironic actually considering how good Xenforo appears to be, not that I.P.B hasn't had good moments, but I won't get into that discussion...).

The main page has a list of current members, guests, staff, etc, which is quite useful if you wanna contact someone. But I couldn't help but notice that individual threads themselves do not have this list, is there any chances of implementing this?

Likewise, we do not appear to have a birthday list (you know, list of people who has a birthday on this day), unless it's hidden somewhere and I haven't quite spot it?... The latter might be likely since people seem to know others birthdays, but I'm not sure if they're just getting their information from an alterier source (like IRC or Discord or Skype or whatever).

2. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

If you click the "Members Online Now" thing on the right side of the forum, you can navigate your way to a list of all registered members. From there, there's a list of all of the day's birthdays.
    It's really out of the way, and I think it needs to be made a little more front and center so peoples birthdays aren't missed.

Pacca and MarkeyJester like this.
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Ah cool, thanks! Would be nice to have that in front view/main page though.

So that now leaves the members list in threads problem...

4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

We do not celebrate birthdays here >:)

EDIT: Well that emoticon screwed up my sarcasm =/

FireRat likes this.
  5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Boo you and your pathetic attempt to rake up like points without contributing to the thread >=(

redhotsonic and Jdpense like this.
  6. Soldaten

Soldaten The Coilgun Root Admin

Well there is an addon for it for Xenforo that places a list on the homepage so I guess I can poke Lazzie about it later.

7. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

I could be wrong here, Laz or Ordos could probably correct me, but I don't think there would be much point implementing any additional plugins just yet as XenForo 2.0 is apparently due soon, and if that upgrade works anything like the IPB transitions between major releases, I'm guessing that a number of plugins could be incompatible, or plugins we don't have may actually be included. There are some additional features which have been discussed between the staff that we would like to see implemented, but the discussion always comes back to the future release of XF 2.0, and whether implementing those features would be worth it if in a couple of months time we might have to rework them all again. These changes you've mentioned though will definitely be noted though, as I too miss these particular additions in IPB.

8. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Haha, so we're pulling a Retro, are we?

Jdpense likes this.
  9. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Coming soon in 2025! Sounds amazing! Thank you for everyone involved. Jokes aside, the birthdays are in really inconvenient and hard place to reach, I always miss many of them in fact. Another cool thing to do, would be to show how many days til someone has a birthday on their profile preview or something, making sure you wont miss it.

Jdpense and TheStoneBanana like this.
  10. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

I wouldn't quite go that far, we actually update regularly and prefer to wait for a reasonable update. At times I think Retro were waiting for the second coming of a certain character from a best-selling novel before updating =P

pixelcat, Soldaten and Misinko like this.
  11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

The forums are light on the mod/plugin front due to waiting for Xenforo 2.0. I currently have my eye on several paid mods/plugins and a skin. The authors of these mods/plugins and skin have stated that they have no plans to offer a licence transfer from XF 1.x to XF 2.0, so in effect I'd have to pay twice for them. Because of that, I decided to hold off on until XF 2.0 is released before I even consider delving into the mod/plugin front. Plus, the authors of a number of free mods/plugins for XF 1.x that I've had my eye on haven't even decided if they'll even bother supporting them on XF 2.0. While other mods/plugins I wanted to use have been confirmed as no longer being supported on XF 2.0.

Basically, I don't want to install a load of mods/plugins that add features users get used to having (in some instances having back again), only for a chunk of them to be taken away when XF 2.0 is released. When XF 2.0 launches, I'll have a clearer view of the mod/plugin playing field, and I'll see what is on offer and what isn't anymore.

redhotsonic, Misinko and Soldaten like this.
  12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Alright, this all sounds fair enough and perfectly logical to me.

Cool stuffs~

13. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Heh, yeah, there's just so much being shifted to focus on getting things ready for XF2. I'm working on patching up things and fixes on the XF1 board, but the more we discussed theming, the more we realized it was more rational to focus the re-theme on XF2, especially if we make purchases. Same with the plugins, in a way. Currently concerned that some of the plugins we're currently using won't come over to XF2, so I'm having to look into maybe building an internal plugin to replicate plugins we may lose. It's a damned mess, but that's why we're working now, months out from release. Ordos and I are working on trying to make sure we don't have the IPB3 to IPS4 shit happen, and the shift happens right. Still, when issues are noted, still bring them up, as I am still doing fixes on the live site, though not to the extent of major internal recodes. Current site development is down to maintenance, and new version's up and in the works.

Soldaten and nineko like this.