Gulp the hedgehog (I think?)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Rufus Isaakov, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Rufus Isaakov

Rufus Isaakov Newcomer Trialist

This is a joke hack I made but is still yet to show publically. The main character is based on an unused sprite from Sonic 1 of Sonic gulping for air, hence the name. I made this hack for my friend and, because of that, it features garbage jokes and some obscure references. I didn't make a lot of modifications to the code because I'm still kind of learning how assembly works. I thought I'd post this here before making an actual hack.
    By all means, don't take anything from this seriously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  2. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

For an early joke hack, it has a surprising amount of attention to detail, I actually kind of like it. Curious to see what the future holds for you.

3. Rufus Isaakov

Rufus Isaakov Newcomer Trialist

Modern day update: this suddenly got way more attention that it should have - a couple thousand views on YouTube, instead of, you know, 10 people or less. I deleted the attached file.
    This is why we can't have nice things

4. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

If you didn't want it to have any attention put on it, then why release it publicly? This isn't a private forum, and people like Razor and Zenon do lurk here.

Giovanni, Crimson Neo and Nik Pi like this.
  5. Nik Pi

Nik Pi Well-Known Member Member

Yo, maaan, it was pretty funny!
    It's better than most of the beginners hacks, where are green hill is red, or sonic is green.
    It was interesting hack, and I wish you good luck in the future with your stuff :)