Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DanielHall, May 24, 2010.
You're hilarious ProjectFM. <.< The hack was good for a laugh though.
Just needs the rest of the cast and it'll be perfect.
I told you....NOT... to do it... why....
Ok, made a thing.
Sonic 3 ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yz7mtzdww62fth/s3_build.bin?dl=0
Savestate to go straight to Level Select with Debug mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l48z5huz1rvf527/s3_build.gs0?dl=0
Go play FBZ1 and 2. It works sorta. A little surprise happens in Act 1 towards the second half of the act. Two notes, look for Special Stage Rings, look for the spring Egg capsules. Have fun!
I don't get it. One of the spring capsules spawned LBZ act 2's boss, of which for some reason I could not kill, and any attempts to get near the special stage ring, causes the game to lock up.
Am I missing something?
I couldn't even get to the area with the capsules without the game locking up in Kega and Regen. I second Markey, what am I missing, and yes I know its a s3 alone rom. Still it should at least not crash.
The only thing I noticed is half way through act 1, Launch Base's "Big Arms" boss came out of nowhere.
I also forgot to mention I went to act one first, reset to the level select, and when I went to act 2 the position I was when I reset in act 1 was saved, it was under that tight section with that moving platform thing (just my luck). My guess is that in s3 alone they forgot to clear the signpost data when returning from a level from the pause menu.
Yeah the game locked up as soon as I took the upper route in FBZ2. I was just rolling and then the game just froze. Props to adding FBZ to S3 alone, but of course there are things that need to be fixed. I still don't get what you were going for with this hack though. :V
Quick notes about what exactly is going on.
- The crashing was something difficult for me to pinpoint at the beginning, but it's a hilarious reason. The movable spikes that you can push and go into the Special Ring are crashing it, don't ask, it just is. Whenever I get done re-disassembling S3, I'll just shove in the S3K version of the sprite object, should fix the issue.
- The Special Rings, assuming you ever get to them without crashing. The Big Ring objects in S3K are in a different object slot. In S3, the object that loads is the LBZ1 Mini-boss.
- The crashing in Act 2 are related to the first thing and the weird tire object thing that swings you around. Knowing me, I shoved it into the wrong object slot, and Object FF was reading something else.
- Joenick, S3 stock has similar issues. Seems RAM clearing wasn't on the bug checklist, dunno if I want to bother with it.
- Lastly, the LBZ2 Big Arms boss loading is part of the joke, so yes, I'm well aware of it. Object D0 in S3K is the Spring buttons, in S3...it's the aforementioned boss. I left it in intentionally, as I had told Ayla about it, and she and I found that shit hysterical.
But yeah, the thing was just a quick proof-de-concept. Wanted to see if I could do it, and I could, so congrats me. I'll eventually release a version that is fixed....as soon as I fully disassemble S3, because that shit be hard yo.
So here is one of my mini hacks, Back 2 The Future. So, while I was having problems with Sonic 1: Sonic CD Edition I decided to work on another small project. It was an idea I was going to implement as a bonus gimick to S1:SCD but then thought it wouldn't need it. So I decided to play around and like the idea I did. And thus this hack was born. As you may have gathered it's time travel!...but sort of different. You use monitors to go to the past and future. But sonic and the level all appear differently. A literal past and future version.
Now since this is a small hack it's only GHZ and that's because I never planned to go any further since I wanted to finish S1:SCD. Anyways things to note:
1) Monitors are either at the beginning or near a Lamppost(to avoid progressing through the level again).
2)Apart from seeing a future, there is no real reward to go to the future except on act 3(Automatically)
3)GHZ is still GHZ so you want to time travel to see the new stuff.
4) Sonic in the past is normal sonic, but in the future he can spindash.
5) Robotnik has stolen an emerald in the past, and one can be found.
GHZ - Act 1 - Find emerald, Act 2 - Defeat Robotnik
6) You get a good future ghz but no other reward for emeralds.
7) Apart from the begining, the past act 1 is still pretty much the same ghz but act 2 for past is slightly different and the futures are all completely unique layouts.
8) Future music and past music.
9) No Sonic 1 bonus stage since this is only one level.
10) Bonus panel for the past, Sonic gives an extra life, explanation mark gives you a continue.
How do you get them? I'm going to leave that a secret for now. If people don't figure it out I'll tell you.
11) The shield and invincibility for the past and future mappings are off and I tried to fit best I could.
12) The boss of act 3 has a slight camera bug, not sure on that.
If I missed anything please let me know. Even though I have tested this and I got others to, I won't be surprised if I missed something so please let me know and I can clarify. I didn't think this needed a topic.
Edit: Updated link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6xdxenhxglmosl/Sonic Back 2 The Future.bin?dl=0
Edit2: Credits to Abyssal Leopard for beta testing.
Ok, this is really well done, though I've only barely tried it out.
The concept is well done, I was surprised when I hit a past monitor to be brought back to 8-bit Sonic 1, same with Sonic Advance.
It's well done and rather nice looking. 8Bit Sonic 1 was my favourite.
But I do have a few problems with it, such as Sonic Advance Sonic's standing still sprite looking a bit jumpy. Missing a few frames?
Alongside that, future Green Hill's palette looks a bit off. I can't pinpoint why, but it's weird-looking to me.
Though I do like how you gave Sonic Advance Sonic his spindash.
To wrap it up, this is a nice hack. I'd like to see future progress from it.
EDIT: I do NOT remember this from the game
I appreciate the feedback, as for the 1-up, that's because it wasn't. That part was all me, it's possible to get it without dying. I will give you a hint: don't approach it when you first see it. Come back to it.
Are you sure this time?
Anyway, I am glad to see another release! I will definitely be checking this out and YouTubing it this weekend.
Also go for it, I may update the link for some minor fixed.
yet a another sonic hack from me, this time it's a mini hack.
The name of this mini hack is "Sonic 1: Glitch Madness". as you can tell from the title of this hack, it is coded and designed to be a glitchy sort of corrupted mess type of hack.
now the idea of this glitchy\corrupt mess of a sonic hack come from a customized debug mode glitch that occurred when I was testing out ultra hard mode using debug commands in one of my hacks "UnFair Sonic One" which obversely I decided to recreate on purpose within a separated sonic hack with extra additions.
Anyway the download link:
Also, you might want to try messing around the different button commands and different button combinations to try to get different glitch results.
Feel free to leave any comments on this hack if you wish and if you have any.
Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos Edition
@Animemaster: I had a look at your minihack and it's looking amazing though the music seems a bit off especially some of the past music. PM me if you'd like details and/or some help or something like that. Other than that, it's looking almost perfect! You should keep going with this!
Here you go, VEdaPEGA. By the way, I couldn’t stop laughing at the bosses =P
A typical Special Stage hack.
Warning for flashing colours!!! And Don't you dare go into the Spring Yard/Scrap Brain Part if not warned.
Separate names with a comma.