The Official SSRG Hack Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by StephenUK, Jan 17, 2017.

1. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Administrator

Welcome to the official SSRG hack recruitment thread. Looking to add new members to your current hacking team for a project you're working on? If so, you've come to the right place. Please read the following rules, and if you disagree with any of them, then this thread isn't for you.

1. This is NOT an ideas thread. If you're coming here simply to get someone to make a hack for you that you have no intention of working on yourself, then we don't want you in this thread.

2. There is no room for vagueness in this thread. If you're going to make a post requesting a certain position be filled in your team, then I expect to see your post going into detail about your hack, the current team members, the work that has been done etc. The post should really sell the hack to the people reading and also prove that substantial progress is being made to the hack already. This is simply to ensure that the person recruiting isn't simply looking to get someone to make the hack for them.

3. Any advertisements made will be scrutinised by the staff here, and if found to be lacking in detail or in breach of any of the rules in place, then the post will be removed without warning.

4. Once the position has been filled, edit your advertisement post to reflect this. This will stop people wasting their time contacting you about a position you no longer want filling. As a side note, do not remove your original advertisement, just add a clear line at the start of the post in bold stating that the position is filled. If the position becomes available again at a later date, you can remove that line and mention in the topic that your position is open again. There will be no need to duplicate your advertisement again.

5. Advertisements do not need to come with any kind of rewards attached for applicants, although if you wish to add such incentives then that is entirely at the author's discretion. However, I do not want to see any mentions of financial incentives within such advertisements. If you wish to offer someone payment for their efforts in a financial sense, then such discussions should take place away from this thread. This community has always operated through a sense of personal enjoyment from a common interest, and I'd like to think that people would want to collaborate because they enjoy what they do, and see the project as something that would interest them. I don't want to see the community descend into a situation where money becomes more important than the hobby.

6. As always, staff have the final say in all matters, and are free to add and remove rules to this thread as they see fit. If you wish to advertise but have any concerns about whether your advertisement is suitable, contact a member of staff first to ensure that your advertisement isn't just trashed after posting.

So, with that out of the way, we'll get this show on the road and see where it leads. This is operating on a trial basis until further notice, as threads like this generally tend to descend into chaos with people choosing to ignore the rules, or by people getting into debates about the pros and cons of the recruitment post. I don't want to see any of that here, let's try and make this work.

Pacguy, Blazer, redhotsonic and 7 others like this.
  2. Novedicus

Novedicus Well-Known Member Member

EDIT: Hack put on hiatus so I can finish my other projects.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    AsuharaMoon, KCEXE and ProjectFM like this.
  3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS is not canceled! Member

(Repost from the other thread)
    Hello everyone. Some of you may know of my hack Return of Shadow, anyway it currently is on hiatus. The reason for that is that I have been looking for artists who are proficient in making foreground art (also real life shit), and so far I have not had any luck. Here is a folder of some of the background mashups I have imported that need custom foreground art, I also will provide screenshots of them being used in game. http://www.mediafire.com/file/c3ajwcuyhy46wfv/ROS_Backgrounds_(2).zip
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now I will offer incentives (3), and they are, that I will port any midi you want into an SMPS to be used in any of your own Projects, and I will also bug test any of your projects, and of course you will receive non public builds when ever they are offered. Send a pm to me on here or Discord if interested.

4. Trinitronity

Trinitronity Well-Known Member Member

Well sure, why not. I just hope I'm doing this right...

I am Trinitronity AKA TrinitroMan, and what I need is someone who can do some good level art for my Sonic 1 ROM hack Pikachu the Mouse.
    What is Pikachu the Mouse? Well, that is a Sonic 1 ROM hack that attempts to remake/remaster/whatever a Gameboy Color bootleg called POKéMON Adventure, but with new ideas, in an attempt to make the game look like your typical Sonic-clone that tries to have a piece of that sweat platformer pie.
    If you want to know, what I have done for this hack, just check out this link: http://shc.sonicresearch.org/entry/42
    You can even try it out yourself, if you want to.
    Basically, almost everything you see has been done 100% by me.
    Now why I need someone to do level art for me? Well, that's because I suck at art myself.
    You don't believe me? Then just look at this atrocity:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes, it's from my hack. Horrible, right? That's why I need a level artist to help me out with level art in the original style of Sonic 1.
    Requirements:
    • no radio silence (I always get nervous when I get no new informations in terms of progress for a very long time, and being nervous is bad for my health)
    • being able to work with the limitations of the Sonic 1 engine and the Megadrive in general
    • being able to work on both BG and FG because of said limitations (Sonic 1 only allows a limited amount of chunks...which are shared between FG and BG)
    • end result should be a chunk sheet (the most top-left chunk must be empty)
    • chunks should include typical Sonic set pieces such as loops, I guess
    Aside from that, everything else is fair game, I guess. To be honest, I'm not really asking for much...
    Now what are my incentives? Well, if you need a certain song, and a MIDI exists, I could turn it into a SMPS. I could also bugtest, if you want, but I don't know whenever I'm good at finding bugs or not, so take that as you will. You can also get non-public releases of my hack for beta-testing as well, as long as you don't leak them. ;)
    Anyway, if anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM at SSRG or at Discord containing previous example works of yours.

Alex Hofstadter likes this.
  5. Egor The Cat

Egor The Cat 101, bro =3 Member

I am teamlead of Ladego Team. We need the enthusiast musician for Sonic Virtual Adventure CD Edition. This hack tells about history when eggman transformed mobius to the virtual planet. Now this hack departed from the concept of collecting of emeralds. Why we transferred to Sega CD? We decided to make new concept of hack. Now Main objective of SVA: make hack the confidant on spirit and implementation to the fan games (the smooth rotation and scalling of sprites, original CD a soundtrack, special effects at the new level, SFX, uses of features of Sega CD and creativity of bosses). We already have practices with SVA - a demo from SHC and a little new progress:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why we need the musician? We already have 2 musicians, and considering scope of work we won't be in time with a soundtrack.

We need music in style of normal fan games, we already have practices with music and I can show them:

What can we repay?
    We can repay with adding you to credits, hit in a command of beta testers, receiving early builds and in possible further, work in other projects of Ladego Team which aren't connected with the fan games / hacks and help in your projects from Ladego Team ~

And now requirements to musican:
    - Enthusiasm
    - Ability to work in the team
    - Ability to create the original music
    - Quality of compositions: average or above
    - Readiness to work in non-standard conditions

Additional, not indispensable requirements:
    - Electric Guitar and ability to play on it

You will appear in friendly talkative collective!
    If you interested or you have questions, you can write me in PM on SSRG, SSRG IRC, Discord.
    OR
    My hangouts and email: egorthefox@gmail.com
    My skype: egor20002111

6. A-S-H

A-S-H Moderator and Host of the SMPS Competition Member

Heya. So basically, I am the leader of Project Warped World, a hack that intends to be a direct sequel to Sonic 3K, and builds from the design and storytelling that it gave. Following SHC2016, where this hack and the rest of Team Overload's were placed as honourable mentions to the worst entries submitted, and a few words of guidance and wisdom, I have created a detailed plan of what Project Warped World is supposed to be, instead of something that is just made on the fly, with no real sense of direction. You can view the plan here! This is updated fairly frequently, and I still have to explain the story as it plays out in-game.

What Project Warped World needs however, are a few more programmers, as this hack is going to be pretty ambitious and while we do have a very talented programmer on board already, one is most definitely not enough. The job will most likely involve object programming (bosses and enemies), art programming (animations and VRAM stuff) and other things that I can't remember at the moment. We could also use a few more artists to make the process a little faster. Musicians and level designers are also welcome, but I don't particularly need more of those at the moment.

As for what the project is doing at the moment, it is still in its infancy. The artists are currently (supposed to be) creating level art for the first stage, and the musicians are making original tracks. Here are some now, although most are only from me so far:

You can PM me on SSRG or Discord if you're interested in being a part of the team. We're pretty laid back and don't have any specific deadlines coming up, and we aren't going to submit to the SHC this year, so there is no pressure to get stuff done. Hoping to see some new recruits in the near future!

KCEXE and ProjectFM like this.
  7. Xernom

Xernom Well-Known Member Member

I need somebody who would help me in beta testing Tails Adventure hack for SHC 2017/Hacking Expo. I have issues with accessing Battle Fortress level (I watched R&Z video about 100% beating entire game, but still even when I sorta did what they did I cannot access) and I edited entire game, but I wanted to make sure there's no critical glitches (at least not accessible in ordinary ways).

As a proof there's videos of development of this hack:

And screenshot of recent edits of my upcoming hack:

[​IMG]

Even if nobody will be interested still I'll try upload it on SHC 2017/Hacking Expo, but this help would make me sure about the the state of Battle Fortress and with pure soul I would complete this hack.