A Simple suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Rezeed, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezeed

Rezeed Dataspirit and Dream Traveller Member

It's just a thought, but may I suggest that this site has a mirror for it's downloadable content in case the file is gone or the link no longer works. For example, the disassembly tools for sonic 3 and knuckles no longer are available.

There are many sites like mediafire that may be of help and can serve as a backup download link to the tools and other important files. I thought it might be good to have backup links/mirrors just in case.

2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

If you are talking about snkenjoi's tools, they are available here. However, I'm sure that the jman2050/SVN disassembly already uses his tools or something similar. If you are looking for anything, you should at least check the Sonic Retro wiki first of all, as worthy content will most likely have a page or download available somewhere.

Mediafire isn't needed because we could host all the files needed on our server. The problem however is that the SSRG website is pretty much broken and abandoned and it would be better replaced with a CMS-based system. A lot of things that were planned for the site (including user submissions and a new hack database) don't work and as a result, many useful submissions haven't been put up on the site for a long time.

Obviously I do want to have a new website for the SSRG which could host these submissions, but it does take a lot of time and development, something that pretty much most of the staff can't do right now. Even creating content manually instead of automatic approvals would be fine, and I'm sure somebody would be able to keep track of that stuff. Just stay tuned for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.