After Image for Sonic 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Tutorials Archive' started by Selbi, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Guide no longer available. Do not PM me or you will be blocked.

Even though the topic stayed pretty quiet (which is kinda sad, I really would've liked some people to give a public "thanks"), I got a couple of PMs requesting for the password. And since I named the page "Selbi's guides", I decided to do more.

So today I'm bringing you my custom After Image system, with special thanks to MarkeyJester for helping me at dividing by 4. :V

Link stays the same:

(Yes, you can see the Extended Camera guide with the same password you need for the After Image.)

Just as the last time, send me a PM and I will give you the password (which will change daily).

Updated condition: People no longer just need to ask me for the access, but they must also show me evidence that they really need this feature. This can be done by showing me a build of your hack for example. In other words: This is not really a guide, but my part of supporting a hack, which could need help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

What's that? It's like those trails after hyper Sonic/Knuckles?

3. Selbi

Pretty much. It's customizable (number of afterimage sprites for example). It looks like this with default settings: http://bsv-lueneburg.de/svprg/daten/Selbi/anim.gif (External because it's 1.45MB big. Fuck Camtasia's encoder).

4. theocas

theocas #! Member

Selbi, no offense to you, but now you're giving away free code that adds a nice feature to a hack to ANYONE. Wheather password-protected or not, you're still giving it away, so it's like the Spindash in Sonic 1, and so on. You get what I mean? I coded my own system for after images anyways, but I think lots of people are just gonna take your code, not give credits and say it's yours.

That's my two cents on this topic.

5. Selbi

Seems like you misunderstood the idea. I'm not giving the password to everyone who asks me, only the people, where I'm 100% sure, they will not abuse it and give credits. And if you think it still counts as giving code to everyone, think like I would work for their team and implented the feature myself.

Besides that, there aren't much people on SSRG who care about it anyway, so I didn't get that much PMs yet (about 6 or so). I don't think, that would make much difference.

And since you made an after image system yourself, why do you care anyway? =P

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

We've had this discussion before, when you PM your code to users of your choice, that is no different to Selbi's method here. You're being hypocritical.

7. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

K, so, password please. Also inb4 some leaks.

8. Selbi

Is it that hard to write a PM or ask me on IRC? =P

EDIT: Ok, you disabled PMs, let's try IRC. :|

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.