Animation scripts

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Alriightyman, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

I added a frame to the looking up animation in sonic 1 and in the animation asm file. But the problem is it shows the fist frame then after a second or so it shows the second frame and then repeats. Any idea what i need to change? Also where it says in the animation script

Code:
     dc.1 $FF, 6, 7, 8, $FF
    what does the fisrt $FF and second $FF mean? I'm using s1 june 2005 split dasm. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I do know that in Sonic 2, the lower the byte, the faster it goes. What byte it is, I can't remember.

Try changing bot h them FFs to a differnt number. Say, 77. If it doesn't owrk or give you errors, just change it back and wait for a better answer than mine.

3. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

The first byte determines the speed, the last byte(s) determine what to do after the animation plays. If the last byte is FF, the animation will repeate itself.

If the last bytes are $FE, XX, then the animation jumps back XX number of frames in the animation script. (should never be 0)

Try using this:

dc.b 5, 6, 7, 8, $FE, 1

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  4. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

Thanks that worked perfectly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.