Animemaster's asumptions

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Animemaster, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Hi guys, I am here with some questions, or more or less assumptions on things I want to do myself or figure out myself. One of the things I notice people say that you have to create your own homing attack code from scratch. Now I'm not exactly sure on the code that does what and such, but I want to create the homing attack and I have some assumptions. And I have already created the jumpdash which was fairly easy. Now on to the main topic:

1) For starters of the homing attack, would you test the jumpdash flag, the compare the position of sonic to the position of the enemy?(like how many pixels away)

2) Then move the location of sonic while of course jumping, to the location of the enemy's position. And then choose the sound to be playable?

Now I thnk there maybe a bit more to it and such, but for the moving the location of sonic to the enemy is there a line you can do for this? or is it lines of codes?(more realistic)

I do not want people to tell me the code, I just want to know if my asumptions is correct and I'm on the right track. As i've seen time and again people say 'homing attack is not hard' and well if so I would like to attempt it. It would also help me improve my asm and understanding, and so I can try to do more complicated things without asking for help or leaving things alone.

Also I recently ported the fire shield into my sonic 1 hack, and I notice that there is an address in the s3k.asm that causes the fire blast animation to load when you jump dash. Now this doesn't work in sonic 1 so I was wondering if I could load the byte in the ani file with in the fire shield dash routine and result in the same as that address? is there more to it? As far as I could see this adress is used for all the shields and has 1 moved to the address and thats it. There is no other instances of this. This would also apply to the loading of the bubble bounce art loading and the lightng shield double jump art laoding. I'm sorry if I've confused people, I explain things very badly. But I hope you can point me in the right direction. And thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.