Attracted rings?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Tornado, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornado

Tornado Active Member Member

I imported the Lightning Shield for Sonic 1, but he lacks a thing: What necessary to make so that the shield can attract rings for the Sonic? Well. It only lacks this I finish step to have all perfectly the shields of Sonic 3 functioning in Sonic 1.

2. Televangelist

Televangelist Active Member Member

Tweaker might be the person to ask, since he's implemented precisely this feature.

(Actually, if you have the shields perfectly working outside of this, I think you're ahead of Sonic MegaMix! His bubble shield and flame shield don't have their respective special attacks anymore. Though maybe that's intentional, or I'm getting something wrong.)

3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

4. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

There are, like, ten members of Team Megamix you know?

And the shield attacks do work. In what way don't they work? I'm sat here bouncing in a bubble shield as we speak.

5. Animemaster

I asume this is directed at me?, I know they work but the fact is I wanna no why mine won't load in my code. (the art anyways) I mean I even converted the art and mappings and the DPLC to sonic 1 format. I also tried it on sonic 2 and I got the exact same problem, no shield art loading.

But anyways, back to the matter at hand. If the code that handles the attracting rings isn't in the lighting shield code you may have to like ask tweaker. Because as far as I know I don't anyone else who have donethe shields in their hack in sonic 1 of course. Just trying looking around, searching key things until you see things related the lightingshield. They may help, sorry its hard to get the shields in to sonic 1 I mean I'm trying myself but to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
  6. iojnekns

Actually, it wasn't. Sorry for the confusion.

You need to play as Mighty.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
  7. Animemaster

Oh right the post above was now kinda a waist then.

8. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

IIRC it was Stealth who ported them over.

9. Televangelist

Televangelist Active Member Member

Heh, well, I did caveat it with "or I'm getting something wrong."

But I'm playing through right now, latest DL of MegaMix as Sonic, Green Hill act 1, I've picked up both fire and electric shields, and I haven't figured out how to activate any of their 'double jump' powers. I've tried both jump buttons, holding different directional arrows, etc., nothing triggered them.

Not that I'd really want them, of course, since Sonic's homing attack is definitely better, but what am I missing?

10. iojnekns

I edited the post when i realised - but not quick enough obviously xD

11. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Correct.

12. Tornado

Tornado Active Member Member

Sorry to say, but that your code can not work that way ... I can give you some tips .. but send me a private message .. But, I mean so that it touch function sonic_jumpheight (This defines how each shield will work) .. Bubble Bounce and attracted rings not work yet.

I copied the object attracted rings to the sonic 1 ... but still do not know what to do with it ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.