Checking work

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by RandomAvatarFan, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan Well-Known Member Member

On several occasions, I've asked questions on here or SR because I'd had some ASM that just wouldn't build for one reason or another. Sometimes it would be something as small as changing a .s to a .w and as someone new to asm, I would fail to notice. Maybe instead of asking another question on the General Questions or making a new topic each time, perhaps people could come here with "broken" code or help the people with their code. I understand that there are guides, but sometimes the error can't be seen easily by a newbie. I think that a thread like this could help anyone who just wants someone to check their work and to get a new pair of eyes to look over it.

2. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

well to behonest - I tend use a checklist that I work through before posting asking a question, this seems to help me catch some of the smaller errors without the need to wait for answers on forums but also helps me to learn a little more about how the code works... one of the most useful resources when learning asm is google - if in doubt google it, if you still have trouble after trying the simple stuff and or googling then ask away, well thats how I try to work anyway :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.