Display Names

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by OrdosAlpha, May 13, 2015.

1. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

There's something important I should have mentioned in my post last night that I clearly forgot to due to being tired. And, well, this is it:-

Invision have done away with accounts having two separate account names - user name & display name. Something that was the norm, at least as far as I know, in IPB 3.x. For ICS 4.x they've decided to go back to the good ole days before IPB 3.x, where you only had a single account name. In ICS they call this your display name. Now, during the upgrade I had to make a choice. That choice being: which IPB 3.4 account name would become the new display name in ICS 4.x - user name or display name? I chose the display name. So, if you have multiple accounts, which you shouldn't, and both were using the same display name, then you'll find that the oldest account will claim the display name. Every other account will have an additional character added to it. Usually an underscore.

So, if you find yourself in this boat, then I can fix it by merging all your accounts into one. All you need to do is either post in this thread with the account you want to keep. Or you can send a PM or e-mail the forum account, if you use either of these methods then please include an appropriate subject header. Your group status from before the upgrade will be restored on which ever account you choose to keep. Post count as well.

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

On second thoughts, it would be best if you sent a PM or e-mail. As, I'm also going to ask that you also include the e-mail address you want to use on the account post merge.