Do you have a hack that's 512kb or less?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by MarkeyJester, Oct 5, 2015.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

So, as you may know, the contest is pretty much closed for entries.  I have a proposal though for anyone who didn't manage to get their entry in on time, or had some sort of issue that kept them from doing so.

I just so happen to have an extra 512kb bytes sitting around in my ROM not doing anything, the hack is submitted into the contest.  Now...  Is anyone here interested in filling that space?  The way it'll work, is my title screen with have an extra option on the menu, this will link directly to the hack that's shoved into that 512kb space.  Anyone interested?

2. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Well this is quite the interesting proposal you got here. I would take you up on that offer but I already have my hack submitted to the contest already.

Edit: Well I do have an idea but it would end up a lot less then 512kb

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  3. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

I will whip you something up real quick. ;)

4. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

Rainbows!

Also, yes, I know the Special Stage is broken. I'm trying to get that to work properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  5. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Ahh loopholes. Gotta love em. Just remember, as it's considered one hack and not two, this could be detrimental to the pair of you. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

​I'm afraid that won't do, as i could easily shove something like that on the original levels of the hack already, it would be pointless.  The idea is to show that a hack within a hack can be played without bankswitching or lock-on technology.

​Ahh, c'mon, I thought it was the "hacking" contest.  The purpose and eventuality of hacking one hack into another without disruption, should be acceptable under the assumptional idea of originality.  No-one's seen a hack running another hack before...  Where's your sense of fun >=(

...fine, I'll shove my own hack in there..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015