Draft/saving bug(?)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by FATA-, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FATA-

FATA- cmpi.w #$FA1A,d0 Member

I was writing a big tutorial for 2-3 days. Everything was alright, saving feature on the forum worked fine and I slowly continued my work. Then I didn't write for like 1 or 2 days and today I was ready to continue my work and guess what... my tutorial disappeared! Of course I didn't backup tutorial on my computer because I relied on saving feature on forum (that's my bad). Tutorial was quite big and writing it again would be a hard task considering that I'm not a native speaker. If it possible could someone restore it or/and fix that problem? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

To my knowledge, that's not a bug. Drafts don't save forever and it would add extra space to the server. The draft's main use is for you want to go and look at other tabs for quick references, or for previewing your post before actually submitting.

For making a tutorial, you should be using a word editing software instead of the forums.

EDIT: Coming to think of it, the drafts may not be stored on the server but rather your computer using cookies as such. Either way, drafts are for a temporary save and not for long term use.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    FATA- and Misinko like this.
  3. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

It's saved on the forums, not the computer. I have multiple devices and drafts that I created on one device will come up on another.

FATA- likes this.
  4. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Drafts are stored server-side and have a 24-hour lifespan. After that point, they're ejected from the temp storage. You didn't touch your draft for 24 hours, so it was automatically disposed of by the backend. No way I can feasibly restore it.

FATA- likes this.