Forum graphics

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Angel X, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Angel X

Angel X Well-Known Member Member

Lately I have been thinking about the old graphics that the forum had and I was thinking, will there be any changes in the future?
    I must admit that I don't like the graphics it has now for these two reasons, the logos are very simplified and there is too much white!
    If there are any changes, I would like something like this:
    SSRG1.png
    SSRG2.PNG

Ravenfreak, EditChris and JGamer2151 like this.
  2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

3. Angel X

Angel X Well-Known Member Member

Oh, my bad :confused:
    I meant the monitors which indicate discussions.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  4. ExtremeBehavior

ExtremeBehavior Indefinitely inactive Member

Personally, I'm okay with the current look of this forums.

And also, I heard Spanner in the Discord server said that SSRG will probably undergo something, so I quit that Discord server indenfinitely and will be indenfinitely inactive on this forums this time (I swear), but that was a good fun with you guys since I first joined in July of 2021. Farewell.

I don't know if I decide to go back to Sonic Retro Discord server, but I'll try to negotitate with moderators of that server again.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

While I am okay with the current forum graphics, I was wondering if a native dark mode could ever be implemented. I generally dislike having plain white or bright backgrounds flashed right into my face, and am far more in favor of darker color schemes. It's a quality of life upgrade that I feel could benefit the readability of the forum, and I'd much appreciate seeing.

And yes, I'm aware that there are browsers out there that can recolor a web page to give it a dark mode, but I feel the one I'm currently using does a pretty bad job at it. Of course, the quality of this one browser's dark mode is outside of SSRG's control, but I do not want people to just tell me to "use a browser with dark mode page generation".

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Painto and Angel X like this.
  6. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I'd like a dark mode, to be honest.

Painto likes this.
  7. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't mind how the forum looks currently and I have no trouble reading black text with a white background, considering i'm used to it by now. However if a dark theme does get added, there should be atleast an option to turn it on and off. Mainly because I often tend to find that dark themes are not always useful\helpful when it comes to using a screen that's dimmed to save power in a bright environment.

8. rSheffield

rSheffield Active Member Member

Honestly i like the idea of a dark theme, light themes always fry my eyes because of the brightness o-o
    We just need an option to turn it on or off, we don't want people getting pissed off over one option, do we?

Joshwoakes, Giovanni and Angel X like this.
  9. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

I'm so used with White Theme for SSRG that I'm not sure if I will exactly like a Dark Theme. But honestly, adding a Dark Theme as well wouldn't hurt, as long we have options.

Giovanni, Angel X and Joshwoakes like this.