Goggles on sonic.

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Mike B Berry, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

So far I have seen only one hack of Sonic 1 that actually uses the unused goggles. That hack was the Sonic 1 Beta remake, and I noticed only one thing about this. When I open the rom in the disassembly, I am able to look at Sonics uncompressed sprite sheet, The goggles are set up in his sheet right at the end. So does this meen that when He breaks the goggle monitor, those goggle sprites in his sheet are placed on Sonics normal sprites when he is underwater? Or did MisterGambit add another line of code that draws the sprites from the actual xxxgogglesxxx.bin file and the Sonic sheet all together?Because I will cause the bubble generators beome less frequently encountered.

2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

The code for the goggle monitor in Sonic 1 doesn't even exist.

3. Mike B Berry

I already know that. I am using a semi-working code line. I was asking how mastergambit did it.

4. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I know for a fact that it would be alot better to use the graphics from xxxgogglesxxx.bin and using another sprite because if you were to draw it onto sonic that would involve storing some similar data twice that could other wise be created in real time by setting another sprite to show the googles you save rom space and don't have to over complicate things by using a graphics program.

5. Mike B Berry

True, Though I have extended The art Ram space's overflowing pointer to pinch off into an unused RAM pointer. Now When or if the art overflows into the normal RAM pointer, It could further dump the extra art into another RAM space. Further saving his art from corruption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.