Gotta little bit of a problem here...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Mega, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mega

Mega Newcomer Member

OK, so I am in the middle of porting custom music into my hack, and for some reason, when I try to play Marble Zone in the level select, I get "LINE 1111 EMULATOR". Did I do something wrong? So far, I only have Super Mario Kart music ported

2. Mega

Mega Newcomer Member

OK, replying to my own topic here, when testing the same thing in Regen, I am getting a crash there, but it says I got an address error. Which is weird, because when playing the GHZ music through the level select and then normal gameplay, it works fine

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

"LINE 1111 EMULATOR" is an emulation error exception, for when the 68k comes across an instruction that starts with 1111.  This if for backwards compatability with later CPUs, but that's irrelevant.  You are getting this error, likely due to an incorrect coordination flag, that's causing the CPU to jump to an unknown offset containing data that starts with binary 1111.

However, this is not something that can be answered easily.  You must tell us what you did to "port" your custom music, what method did you use, what tools have you used if any, what messages may have popped up with the tool in question, or the assembling itself, what disassembly are you using (if any), etc, etc.  There's no information here, at least not enough to help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  4. Mega

Mega Newcomer Member

OK, I was using mid2smps. The tool is designed to silently port custom music into my game without showing any messages. I just put the MIDI in, selected the proper instrument set and tempo settings, and I was good to go there. But, the music in GHZ plays fine with no issues, it's Marble Zone that is causing the crash, and I did not even port any custom music into Marble Zone's music slot yet

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

The only possibility I can assume here, is the Green Hill Zone music you've ported, is now an odd size.  In the source code, there's an "incbin" with the filename of the music, there is suppose to be the word "even" directly after it, an example http://pastebin.com/ynx3euGE.  The even is necessary to ensure the data after it (i.e. the next series of music tracks) are on an even offset.

If this is not issue, then I'm out of ideas.  Though others might have an idea of their own,