help with a edit sonic game

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by patrick, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick

patrick Newcomer Trialist

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum, I have the Esrael sonic editor program, I have the rom sonic & knuckles, the program wanting to edit the name of the levels not in the menu if not in the black background with the red line, the program gives me this error:

[​IMG]

and wanting to change the ways of a level, I have this other error:

[​IMG]

why this happens? , is that I've played and watched videos of a famous hack of sonic 3 & knuckles called hard bosses , I would like to change difficulty on bosses and all that ( rotating ball and more ) , I want to learn by little, there is another better than this program? , and found a post of the necessary links and all that, but I would like to start with the basics

2. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

Well, I can't really tell you what the issue is here since I've never used E.S.E. I used E.S.E. II a couple years ago, but honestly if you're really willing to learn little by little I'd tell you not to use either program and grab a disassembly instead. If you want to start with S3&K then there's no problem with that, it's your choice, but I would recommend beginning with S1 or S2 first. The disassemblies for both games are much more well labeled and commented, plus there's plenty of tutorials here and on Retro that can help you get started learning how to hack via ASM and implement plenty of features and bug fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.