Homing Attack in Sonic 1 (Sonic 2 not yet)

Discussion in 'Tutorials Archive' started by Selbi, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Guide no longer available. Do not PM me or you will be blocked.

After reading the title you probably think about either one of these things: "What the hell was he thinking?" or "Yay, finally homing attack for me!". To make sure, you won't think bad or raise your expectations too high, read this:

The guides are no longer password protected, but are now using an IP filter. This means: You have to send me a PM with your IP and I'll add it to the white list (Thanks to Irixion for suggesting, after he easly avoided the password protection!).

Besides that, people no longer just need to ask me for the password, they must also show me evidence that they really need the homing attack. In other words: This is not really a guide, but my part of supporting a hack, which could need help.

So don't PM me like "Hey, can I have access to your guides? My IP is: 123.456.789.012", but try to make your PM as decent as possible. That's all I'm telling you.

The link stays the same as the older guides of course: " href="http://bsv-lueneburg.de/svprg/daten/Selbi/guides]http://bsv-lueneburg.de/svprg/daten/Selbi/guides" "="">http://bsv-lueneburg...en/Selbi/guides

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I suppose this is the day homing attack is no longer a feature exclusive. :s

3. Selbi

For me homing attack gained the status "overused" since Megamix. I know it's one of the first hacks having this feature, but just look at the number hacks after that which have homing attack. Seriously, what difference does this guide make?

4. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

Cool, I'm glad that you're so generous. But I don't think I'll use this guide at all.

5. DanielHall

In that case, make way for the "How to port Super/Hyper Sonic" or "How to fully import knuckles into Sonic 1" Guide.

Know where I'm coming from?

6. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Yeah, I must admit that there's a very interesting stuff in this place. But not useful for me actually due to my hack's purposes, I think. I didn't check this yet but certainly I will check it soon. Selbi broke with part of the policy that said "Not everyone can have certain things"? Not exactly, but Selbi is coming with very nice and very useful works for share... And this must be congratulated. So, congratulations again, Selbi!

7. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

I must say I dissagree with the whole "this feature is over used" because to behonest sometimes you get used to these extra moves and when I play a hack that dosnt have them I feel like its lacking, I love the peelout, I love the spindash, and to be fair the homming dash is growing on me - to me what makes a hack stand out is some of the wonderful new level layouts, some of the great new art and some of the other rare but amazing stuff like brotro's overworld or Megamix Megacd conversion. This is just my opinion.

8. Selbi

To be honest, that's excactly the same thing I thought when I started with all this protected guides thing. The real problem I see is that features get overused so much, that the actual problem is not that they are overused anymore, but that they become standard and a hack which is lacking this feature feels empty. But this is only limited to hacks which actually contain something, not just a little palette and layout change here and there, at least in my opinion (otherwise, this guide would be public).

9. SamplingMastersNix

SamplingMastersNix 64-bit Sonic Hacking Novice Member

Do you need LAN or WAN for my IP?

10. Selbi

Oh come on, that question is far away from being a valid one. I'll give you a tip: http://www.whatismyip.com

11. SonSon

SonSon Newcomer Exiled

And if ip the dynamic?

12. Selbi

Then you just have a limited time looking at the guides, simple as that. If someone needs to look at the guides again for whatever reason, just PM over your new IP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  13. DanielHall

You do know people who get access to the guide can easily copy and paste the contents onto a file and spread it like wildfire, right?

14. Selbi

You do know Dan, who gets access to the guides and easily copy and pastes the contents onto a file and spreads it like a wildfire, is fucking asshole? Besides that, I only let trusted people in. And by trusted I don't mean people whose name I never even heard before.

15. DanielHall

REALLY?!?

K. Next time, I'll think before posting a large flaw in the system. Sawwy, I'll never do it again! =(

What is that even supposed to mean? That just because they're trusted, you automatically know they won't leak shit?

16. Selbi

Did your friends ever steal from you? If yes, they weren't friends. Those "trusted people" are persons, who are either my friends or I just know them for a damn long time and the way they acted on the forums is good enough to show me, that they're trusted.

17. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

Selbi, the problem is, that there might be a few people that won't like to give their IPs away...

18. Selbi

No offense, but your quote made me laugh! If someone doesn't want to give away his IP, he can fuck off right away, because I'm not going to make any exceptions just because someone is scared that I do bad things with a number and some dots.

Besides that, your IP is totally not save on the internet, how else would http://whatismyip.com work? I mean, why do people even care about it?

19. DanielHall

Once again:

20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Are you really that out of touch with reality that you can't understand a very "simple" logic?

If someone asks Selbi for this code, he will use what he knows of that person as a referrence, including how they've acted in the areas he knows them from. If that person is an idiot and is one known for leaking other code that was not suppose to be leaked (as of frequently that is), or if that person seems to present him/her-self as unprofessional by the way they type, their avatar image, and the personality they have shown, or even if that person is unknown to Selbi, then he knows for full well that the chances of giving the code to that person and him/her leaking it are extremely high, the more that person is the exact opposite of what I mentioned above, then the chances of that person leaking the code reduces immensely.

This is what you "normally" do, it's called common sense. If you don't do this in real life and wonder why you get ripped off all the time, then there's your problem. Really though, stop acting stupid and asking very pointless questions to what's answer is very simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.