how to increase level lenght?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by -, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

just a quick question. well as I was using soned2, I noticed that the level is extended on that what it should be in actual gameplay and i was wondering exactly how would i be able to make that level longer as i know it has something to do with the level-size file but don't know where to edit it.

2. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

In the S1 2005 disassembly, go to the "misc" folder. There's a file called lvl_size.bin; a binary file that contains the horizontal and vertical limits of every level. The first big number "24 BF" is the horizontal limit of Green Hill Zone Act 1 and so on. You can find a horizontal level size in-game by going into debug at the end of a level and noting the lower 4 numbers. Do note that this is unaffected by the level re-size routines (like boss screen locking or the screen moving up for a specific section) so you'll have to change some of those as well for some areas.

(I apologise for the vague answer but it has been a while since I've edited Sonic 1)

3. Guest

Thank you so much! it worked just how you said it. all i had to do was change those numbers you specified. finally i can put my ideas to the test now thanks to this.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.