How to Modify Act 4's Layout without changing the others in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DarkLeach, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLeach

DarkLeach Well-Known Member Member

I have an Issue, I made an Act 4 for GHZ with this tutorial. It worked great and I have an act 4. However, I wanted the Act 4 to test out new code without my levels getting in the way. So I duplicated "ghz1.sep" and called it "ghz4.sep" I completely wiped out the whole level and made it flat. Here's the issue, It modified "ghz1.sep" (I had "ghz4.sep" open in SonED2) as well thus ruining my layout and modifying my Act 1 in Game as well. (I'll have to make it off my video and apply the edits afterwards). Is it possible to create a ".sep" that modifies only Act 4? And if So what would I need to modify the code (the assembly) to do? I want a completely separate layout for Act 4 of GHZ. Note I am using the 2005 Sonic 1 Disassembly and SonED2 v1.02. Any help would be appreciated! :)

EDIT: I also duplicated "ghz1.bin" in folders "levels" and "objpos" and renamed them "ghz4.bin". Could that be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  2. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Did you actually open the sep file in notepad and rename the ghz1 files with ghz4?.

3. DarkLeach

DarkLeach Well-Known Member Member

No, oh well (I never thought of doing that). I did what you said and its 's fixed. I can edit Act 4 independently now. That doesn't save my Act 1 Layout though. I'll have to rebuild the level in SonED2 from my video. :( At least my problems fixed! :)

EDIT: I don't have to use my video, I forgot I could just use my last backup build ROM before this happened, to look from.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.