I'm Back, Again. And Things Are a-Changing

Discussion in 'Site News' started by OrdosAlpha, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

The wanderer has returned, again.

Anyway, to business. Sometime today the long awaited forum upgrade (or full re-install, if need be) will take place. This will bring, hopefully, the much needed bug fixes people have been "complaining" about. Several of the much missed hooks & apps of the IPB 3.4.7 incarnation of the forums will make a re-appearance due to them finally being made available for ICS 4.0. And a new theme or two may be added as well

I will also be reversing a decision I made back when the upgrade to ICS 4 took place - numbers in user names. Several members have taken the fucking piss with that. And, I've got months of new registration e-mails to prove it. Offenders can expect to find their accounts deleted post upgrade.

2. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I'm glad to see that the forums will finally be finished soon because I want the front page back. It stinks that usernames can't have numbers because my username is the one I use for everything. It's not that large of a problem, though.

3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I'm still unable to disable the email notification when a new private message is received. At the cost of sounding insisting, please look into that.

4. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

​It isn't possible to be done manually by the member through the user's account settings, man?

5. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Unfortunately, it's not that simple:
    [​IMG]

You're a good friend, but I am saddened by the fact that you thought I didn't try to change that setting by myself before I had to ask here. I even tried to use Chrome's black magic to alter the DOM and unlock the controls by myself, but that didn't work, either. Please, don't assume I didn't try everything I could, I hate to bother people but sometimes there is no other solution. And even if you didn't believe me, you should have checked your own notification settings before you suggested an option which isn't going to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.