Keep one logged with different IP addresses

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by nineko, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

In short, I connect to SSRG from both home and work, so my IP changes, and the forum logs me out.

Wouldn't it be possible to disable this behaviour and allow one to stay logged in even when he changes IP? I know it's possible, I was wondering if you kept it disabled because of some security issues, though I don't think it would hurt...

I'm not posting as much as in the past these days because my new job is eating almost all of my free time, but this doesn't mean I don't intend to be more active as soon as I'll have time :)

Also thanks in advance for your time, it's cool when the managment actually spends some time to look at users' suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Ok, just disabled the "Match user's IP Address during session validation" option. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

Also hello from Tarifa in southern spain :) Thats why I've been absent recently.

nineko likes this.
  3. nineko

Thanks Jim, as I said it's really cool when the administrators care about their users instead of just saying "No." to everything. <3

4. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Hey nineko--if you want to take stabs at me whenever you're trying to make a point, how about you talk to me directly instead of smearing shit all over me on another message board? And furthermore, how about you enable your PM system so I don't have to bring it up in public? Would totally love to hear from you.

5. nineko

I disable the PM system on all the forums that gives me the possibility to do so and I'm not required to justify any of my actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.