Kirby in Sonic 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Lone Devil, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone Devil

Lone Devil Internet War Veteran Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kirby pops into Sonic's world out of nowhere to fulfill Sonic's job to take out Robotnik. Kirby and Waddle Dee completely replaces Sonic and Tails with special moves. Kirby can inhale monitors and most enemies but cannot copy their abilities. Lives function as a Health bar and the only way to obtain them is grabbing every 50+ Rings, Checkpoints/Lampposts, Randomized 1Up Monitors, or Score every 50000+ points. Both hacks also contains 4 difficulty modes. Hidden Palace is restored in Kirby in Sonic 2, but only as a 1 Act Zone for Kirby, located somewhere in Mystic Cave Act 2.

Controls:Up + A/B/C - RunDown + A/B/C - InhaleJump + A/B/C - Float

Difficulties:
    BEGINNER: Rings and Lives function exactly like the original Sonic. Not recommended.
    EASY: Health based Lives, Casual players only.
    NORMAL: Health based Lives and Randomized Monitors, recommended.
    INSANE: Like Normal, except Continues disabled, No 1Up from Lampposts, and 100+ Rings for a 1Up. Only for the hardcore.

Credits: 
    SSBM Kirby Sprites (Player) - Drshnaps
    Waddle Dee Sprites (Player) - Belial
    Original Magnetize rings coding - HckTrox

Downloads:

View attachment Kirby_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog.zip

View attachment Kirby_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2.zip

2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

This life system works nice. What I would like to have tho is that when you die by drowning or getting crushed or falling in a bottomless pit you will lose one continue or a life (since the life bar is a good thing but can make the game 100% harder to beat) I give props for actually making this play more like a Kirby game opposed to a Sonic game. But when it comes to a Sonic game I don't wanna have to get lives just to hold me alive even tho you have made it less rare to get one it's still challenging if you do it on Normal or insane. I like to play the Sonic 2 version more then Sonic 1 version because of how some zones are. Especially LZ and SBZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.