Loading the crash...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by HackGame, May 31, 2015.

1. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Whenever I added alot of stuff to my game like Spindash or Super Peel-Out, even editing the art of anything makes the game crash every time I edit or add anything. What I found is that there isn't enough space or whatever?

2. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

If all you want is a base ROM-hack for Sonic with more moves, there's (highly un-liked for stolen code) Sonic Open Source Project,

or, what I used not too long ago, (and am porting the scripts from now,)  ReadySonic

Artwork mods, make sure are the same compression (or non-compressed) as the original.

Personally, I use SonikSprite and s1HackingStudio to extract it

(But, it would make more sense to use a split-and-text disassembly.)

3. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

You got his post wrong. I think he meant, that every time when he adds something, the game crashes and he can't fix that.

4. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

Yeah, well looking at how "Sonic 1: Hard Bosses Edition" is what he's modding, I think that the ROM's got security to try and block out modification. 
    I could be wrong, though..

EDIT: Maybe it's his own custom hack with a similar name to what I'm thinking of, but... Meh.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  5. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

Ensure all art that is being loading via the Pattern Load Cues IS nemesis compressed, I remember getting a similar error because I accidentally saved some art as uncompressed.