Main Site.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by PsychoSk8r, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r HighKnights Member

I've been looking over the main site, and there are a lot of broken links.

Under Projects, the showroom link is broken.

Under Repository, all links (apart from the SMPS voice center) are broken.

Under Media, Tutorials, Museum and Music are broken.

and finally, Under Secrets, the Prototype Guide link is broken.

2. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

And don't forget the "Homepage" button...

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The links aren't really broken. The problem is, that some server settings removed the automate ".php"-suffix. In other words, if you put a .php at the end of any "broken" link, it'll work.

I could simply add .php to all hrefs on the FTP, but that wouldn't just be a damn inefficient way, but would also take ages (and don't you dare to forget a single one). So all we can do for now is to hope that Qjimbo or Ordos fixes this problem, since I have no access to the server itself.

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Seems like somehow some malicious coding was uploaded to the site. It uploaded a .htaccess file in the ssrg folder, and contained some mod_rewrite script that overwrote the server's .php hiding settings. It seemed to be using this to somehow redirect particular page requests to another file called "l.php" which was also uploaded.

Now I've deleted the .htaccess file the problem has gone away.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  5. wonderfulwardy

wonderfulwardy Active Member Exiled

I have a forum request.

Any chance of making an option availble that lets members delete their last created post if no one has posted afterwards.

I am reluctant to be a fast typer and so get my words mixed up at times. Sometimes I go to re-edit the previous post I made and accidently click on the reply link instead of the edit link. Once I'm done, I end up posting another messege straight after that looks almost identical. :(

I don't want to look like I'm spamming when this shit happens.

Yes, I should be more careful but sometimes I'm rushing due to having to quick get back to something else.

6. Selbi

In that case, just make an edit of that post and put something like this at the top or the bottom of the post:

Edit: Double post, trash please.

You will never look like a spammer if you can proof that you didn't double post on purpose.

7. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

This.

8. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

Is there something wrong with the PM systems or something? I am trying to PM Selbi and can't seem to get a response from him.

He once stated that the PMs don't always work at times so I was wondering if he'll notice this messege next time hes online.

9. Selbi

Don't worry too much I guess. Sometimes the PM system has some sort of hickup. I was just unlucky always sending my PMs to you, when it has these kind of trouble. :V

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but I recall something was put into action to prevent people using the PM system as some form of instant messaging service, so after a set number of PM's in a short period of time, it's likely to prevent you from sending more after a set time.

11. Blazefirelp

Blazefirelp Spiritualistic Spriter....Wait what? Member

Isn't a .htaccess file used for making an INDEX page of a directoy for an FTP? I think that's what I did in my public folder. Not sure.

Mine usually consists of a.htaccess file in a Directory I want people to see, Such as /Public.

It simply has "Options +Indexes".

So I am guessing in SSRG's case someone tried to see something they wasn't supposed to, or already have. It depends where you found that file.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.