Metal Sonic Overloaded

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Lone Devil, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone Devil

Lone Devil Internet War Veteran Member

My greatest Sonic 1 Hack I ever created,no fucking joke.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Metal Sonic Overloaded youtube

The hack is about Metal Sonic on a quest to kill Sonic.

I haven't think of any ideas for a story yet. (and about the Sonic having red eyes, it has nothing to do with Sonic Epilogue)

I've created this hack when my old computer's connection got fucked,I worked on this project for nearly a year and was able to learn and code ASM all by my own besides making sprites,level art,etc.

I was determine to finish it at Chirstmas and release verison 1.0.

Changes:

Dynamite Palletes

3 Playable Characters

SMPS done by Nineko

S2 & Crackers music ports

Jump & Spin dashes

New Level Art & Layout in every zone (SLZ barely have any changes)

Edited Endings

Edited Error messages

2 new additional characters, Darkon and Kirby can be choosen by pressing B or C at the title screen,they both have their own unique gameplay style and moves and of course Endings.

theres also a surpise by collecting all chaos emeralds and beating the final boss.

Credits:

Nineko & Puto - Orignal music

Irrixion - S2 music ports

Yuski - one who started the metal sonic sprites (a few)

CS - original metal sonic sprites, I edited some of them.

MarkeyJester - I forgot,something to do with music :p

Today I'm still working on this hack,improving and adding new shit,maybe a New Boss, because is boring to face a Sonic Recolor with other characters, and Somari and Metal Scourage will be in the next release soon.

PICS COMING SOON! [​IMG]

Heres other hacks I done in my break:

Metal Sonic 3K Complete

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Inspried by XmodxgodX's hack of Metal Sonic 3K and decided to make my own from stratch :p

every Sonic sprite is replaced to Metal Sonic (Expect Leaping Ending and Continue Screen sprites, it corrupts the Z80 and they are KOS)

with Hyper Jump dash included.

Metal Sonic in S2

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know why the fuck did I make this,could be another sign for Metal Sonic Overloaded 2.

Every sprite of Sonic has been change to Metallix,even the Ending poses plus Super.

Overloaded Style Jumpdash Attack included using the B button in mid-air,with another NEW move, Double Jump by pressing A in mid-air to perform.

Note: You can transfrom to Super Metal Sonic regardless of All Chaos Emeralds,and Super Sonic Signpost bug is also Fix.

Downloads:

Metal Sonic Overloaded v1.0: http://www.4shared.com/file/lhiOlGh8/Metal...OVERLOADED.html

Metal Sonic in Sonic 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/tk87xLcp/Metal..._2_DarkonM.html

Metal Sonic 3K: http://www.4shared.com/file/LvtQ4gyN/Metal...les_Darkon.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I only played the first one and up to the SYZ level, and the best word I can think of for this is "odd". I wouldn't say it's the best thing I've played or the best thing that's been put together, infact not actually close. But I can see detail put in, definitely there, I think that maybe you should concentrate on "how" to put these details together to make them look more "professional". Some objects were placed in clever spots, nice mixture of music, etc. Just needs a lot of refining and organising.

3. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

The hack's concept is cool. 3 characters, good levels, good art...

4. Lone Devil

Well I already improved GHZ by remaking the art and fixing layouts. But to be honest, I didn't import the art, I drew them. and I know some of them had some flaws but i'll try my best to fix them.

[​IMG]

(STILL BETA DESIGN)

Thanks.

5. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Yes I was gonna say something on the lines of this, but I didn't want to sound rude. I can see you have been trying(I sometimes get in a position where you work hard, but it still doesn't turn out great), maybe take what markey has said and develop these skills. Thats why I'm always asking others to do with art, so I know what they like and don't like to see.

6. Lone Devil

So,who should I ask to make better levels? ;)

7. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

Ask yourself. Just kidding at all. Make the layouts as best as you can.

8. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Don't ask, just try drawing yourself. I know its hard, but if your determined you'll get some good results. Either that or, you show people something else you have a good skill in, they might do some art for you.

9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Try to understand that what I meant was this:

They way it's "Put together" is not so good, but the "individual details" are excellent. Who should you ask? No-one, because you are more than capable of creating something awesome here, the fact that this work isn't "imported" and done in the editor itself is something good on your part. You just need to re-arrange the way you put these brilliant details together.

When you put chunks next to each other, do the designs fit? Do they look like they connect?

The same for tile art, when put together, do they fit? Do they connect?

You'll do fine in my opinion, just keep at it =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.