Need help finding/making a specific SMPS voice...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by ThomasThePencil, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Okay, so for a while, I've been wanting to put the Ancient Lake Zone Act 1 music I made into my hack, but there lies a problem. As you all probably know, the song has 4 different voices: Pizzicato strings, bells, a distorted guitar...

...and the one I'm stuck on: The jazz guitar.

You see, the lead instrument in the song is a jazz guitar, and I want to make the SMPS version sound as close to the original FL Studio composition as possible. The issue is that I possess no voice like this, and I've tried to create one, with minimal success; I'm not that good with voice editing. I've come close but it never sounds like the kind of instrument I'm going for.

So, that said, would any of you happen to know if a jazz guitar voice exists anywhere on the internet, and if so, where? I've looked almost every possible place with no success.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I've made one here just for you.

I give you; Jester's Jazz Guitar!

32 31 07 23 31 9D 1C 1C 9F 07 08 04 04 04 1B 19 16 F0 F0 F0 F5 2E 2B 41 86

It's a 68k SMPS voice, to give it context, here's a sample of what it sounds like when being played at random notes with LFO and an echo:

http://mrjester.hapisan.com/JG.wav

Further information; I based it off of the way this guy uses his

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  3. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

If you don't mind Markey, I'll post this voice in the SMPS Archives as well. Sounds quite jazzy :v

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.