Need help with SonEd

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Furby Man, Aug 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Furby Man

Furby Man Newcomer Trialist

So I'm using SonEd to make a simple level hack experiment for Sonic 2. I got about halfway into finishing the 1st level, so I decided I should test it to make sure it worked properly. I saved the project but when I played it, it hadn't saved my level. It was just normal Sonic 2, nothing was changed at all and I had lost all of my progress. This has happened a bunch of times and I really need help.

2. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

What is the name on the ROM file you're testing? If it's not "s2build.bin" or something of the like, then you're likely testing the wrong ROM file.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Just to clarify here, are you using "SonED" or "SonED 2"?

4. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Are you even using a disassembly? SonLVL or SonED2 are better than SonED. In a disassembly you have to save the level and assemble the ROM later.

5. Furby Man

I'm using SonEd for now. I have SonEd 2 and SonLVL downloaded on my computer but for some reason I can't get them to work properly.

I didn't name the file that. I just came up with a random name off the top of my head and I ended up naming the file "sanic.bin"

Staff edit: Don't double-post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  6. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

SonED is outdated, and it's more recommended to use SonED2 or SonLVL along with a split disassembly. There are guides over at Sonic Retro for how to set them up: SonED2 SonLVL

7. Furby Man

Thank you to everyone for your help, I have gotten it all figured out and now my levels are working!