New member title?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by -, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

not sure of were to post this (the Q&A Forum probably would have been a better place to post this but meh). So Iv'e noticed that besides a regular member and pro members, there is now a title of a prospect member. what does that mean exactly any way? iv'e seen only ralakimus with that title and was curious of how he got it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Basically, with the old system, Trialists were automatically moved to Limbo after they posted 20 times, and good ones were manually promoted to regular Members by the administration, while bad ones were left into Limbo indefinitely. This led to some confusion, since some people into Limbo asked us if we forgot about them, while we didn't forget at all, we just didn't want to promote them. It wasn't good to have Limbo both as permanent and temporary group, so, to make things clearer, Trialists who posted 20 times now get automatically moved to Prospect, which is a strictly temporary group (it usually takes a few days at most for the administration to review what Trialists did); after that, Prospects are either promoted to regular Members, or they're sent into the "new" Limbo, which is now a strictly permanent group. People moved to Limbo will be able to ask for a second chance (in a reserved subforum) after 6 months, but said second chance won't be necessarily given. Likewise, even Exiled people can ask for a second chance (in another reserved subforum), but that's even less likely to be granted.

I quickly drew this thing to clarify:

[​IMG]

edit: and yes, I moved this topic ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  3. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

So you can be knocked back to Trialist from the Prospect phase? What happens then?

4. nineko

It's a rare chance, it could happen even until today; if we can't reach a decision after someone's first 20 posts, a "re-trial" phase might be suggested, with 20 more posts. A clear decision is usually taken, however, so after 20 posts you're usually either in or out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

"Administrator -> ???"

Found this funny. Why can't I do " X D " anymore without it turning to xD?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Because you're doing it wrong!  XD

Ah,  v  There's your reason

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  7. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Not IPB. Blame me for that. I added new emoticons a while back, but didn't bother to edit the parsing triggers for them all, so you'll trigger them when you don't want them. I will fix them, so they only parse when the trigger word is encased in brackets. Once I've done that, I'll post a thread listing all the emoticons and their trigger words.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  8. Guest

I just realized, since there is now a prospect title after the 20 post count limit, shouldn't this be added to the rules to let new comers know? (assuming if most of them even reads it.)

9. nineko

I think it's a good idea. While I can't edit the rules (only full admins can do that, afaik), I'd be up to draw a more polished version of the chart above if needed (and/or convert it to .svg and share it with someone with better art skills), since I did this one in literally 10 minutes, and it has at least 2 or 3 small problems (two caused by the renderer: a line which isn't straight between "Trialist" and "Exile", and a weird slash in the "stupid / dodge" label), not to mention it can use better captions on the arrows.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  10. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Quick question: About how many times can one member go through a re-trialist phase before you guys give him the axe?  

11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

12. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Does that apply for the 6 month re-trialist situation?

13. nineko

Why are you all asking all those questions? Just be good the first time around, and you'll never have to worry about that. It's usually clear whether someone has potential or is a blatant idiot, often even sooner than the 20th post. If a newcomer takes the time to read the rules and look at the most recent trashed topics he'll know what to do and what to avoid, but when we see new people doing the same things over and over again, it's clear that they don't care. The key to almost everything is: take the time to search. We've been hacking Sonic games for what, a decade now? If you have a question, it's likely that someone else had it before. There are dozens of topics about smps, VRAM, branch errors, just like there are dozens of trashed topics with SiLlY cOlOuReD tExT, and other generic stupidities. It's not hard to fit in, really. Just remember that: we're not going to make a hack for you, there are no magical tools which will create a hack for you, and that Big the Cat is a secret character in Sonic Megamix.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.