Old badniks in Sonic Colors (Wii/DS) (?) :S

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by rodolfotoretti, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodolfotoretti

rodolfotoretti Newcomer Trialist

hello people! 

So, you know... every sonic game, basically, always had new things, like new badniks.

however, does anyone know why the old badniks have returned to Sonic Colors (exept Sonic 4)?

I really would  if someone answer for me, or even show some source about it.

thanks! :)

2. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Old Badniks like what, everything that was in the DS version in terms of badniks is in the Wii version, so, cannon, story, whatever you wanna call it. Design choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  3. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

Well sometimes you have to get back to your roots and use things you already have like old enemies.

They reused a couple of badniks from the Classic Era (Motobugs ,Buzzbombers, Crabmeat, Jawz, Orbinaut, etc.) and some from the Dreamcast Era (Egg Pawns, Spinners, Egg Flappers).

4. Irixion

By get back to roots you mean rehash. It's funny how people complain about gimmicks but no one complains about enemies having the exact same behaviour as before.

5. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

When you put it like that, it does sound kind of unoriginal.

6. Irixion

Yes, well Sonic is all about repetition. People bash Sonic 06 for being bland, but it features nothing, and I mean NOTHING from games before it. The basic elements are there of 3D Sonic, but everything is brand fucking new. Ironically every single game that followed, Generations, Unleashed, used 06's mach speed sections as the formula. An idea that was improved on, but still reused. Sonic's all about reusing everything. People just tend to nitpick because they're bitches. I didn't like Colours at all, not the gameplay, too much jumping and repedative 2D platforming, short levels, reused enemies, so everything just felt bland. Also laser wisp glitches. So uhh, yeah, lame reuse :V

7. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Yeah in Sonic 06 they made Robotniks robots look better also instead of using those stupid fucking egg looking robots from other sonic 3D games. In Sonic 06 they tried a lot of new things and it was a waste because apparently people don't like trying new things. I don't understand how Sonic 06 is bland. You have a very good point on how reusing Badniks makes the new games bland.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.