Posts not showing up?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by NiphFM, Nov 4, 2015.

1. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

So apparently, my profile says that I've done a set of 5 posts in a row in the SSRG Music Thread but none of them have shown up in the actual topic. What's this all about? While the 5-set post was partly my fault, I don't know where the hell all my posts are.

2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I, too, noticed something like that, but I thought it was a temporary problem. It appears that it's not the case.

From the forum index, for example, I see that the latest post in the "Discussion & Q&A" section is by Flamewing in the "Basic Questions and Answers thread" (12 hours ago). But if I open the "Discussion & Q&A" page, the latest post in the "Basic Questions and Answers thread" is by redhotsonic (on the 27th of October).

Opening the post itself will show that Flamewing indeed posted in there, so some database tables aren't updating as they should.

3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Right, making the post above resulted in a 500 on my end, and even though the post itself went through just fine, and it appears on the index as latest, we have the same situation if you open the "Suggestions & Feedback" topic list, where my post is missing and this topic is still reported to have 0 replies. I guess the 500 kicks in halfway through the post submission process, so some tables are updated, and some aren't.

4. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

While on topic of posting issues, I also noticed that there seems to be a problem with the post timeline. for instance in the General Screenshot thread, there were some new posts made recently but the date that shows the last post made seems to go back as far the 24th of october still. I haven't seen this for any others yet but I figured that this was important.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  5. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

And of course double/triple posts still being an issue as well :dry: ....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  6. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

Yeah, IPB has seriously fucked up the forum software. Can other people see my 6-pack post on SSRG Music Thread?

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

"This is my Track 3 Science" is the last thing you posted from 27th Ocotber?

8. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Erm no! If you wait a little while on that forums you will see that multiposts are growing. This is a problem I have had aswell as Selbi and ASH.