Q&A System online

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Qjimbo, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

I've just finished a work-in-progress version of the question system in the Sonic Specific Modification forum. There are probably a few bugs and the point awards dialog is quite basic at the moment but it is fully functional and allows you to award points to people for their contributions to your topic.

2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

It's a nice feature for posting problems. :) But I don't really know why we need to say the dificulty, since we don't know how hard our problems are to fix... Just to say something :)

3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I don't get how it works. I go to the SSM forum and I create a new topic, and... ?

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I've done it here and it works. Under the box for creating the name, is another box for the question sytem. The difficukty is (I guess) the max of points you can give or something... someone has to reply to my topic so I can figure it out.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Forgot to mention it's WWZ-skin only at the moment.

6. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Aww, that explains it.

Thanks.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

I'm sorry, but this is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. It's like that rankings system that LOst implemented on the old Area 51--it's only going to lead to elitism and spam to achieve the highest rank possible.

But I guess it's your site you're running into the ground now, so...

8. voice

voice Well-Known Member Member

I'm indifferent to this system. However I would like to point out that L0st also posted a shit-ton on SWS2B during a flame war to try to achieve the highest post count on the board. So to say it'd only lead to people spamming to achieve higher points doesn't seem like a valid argument to me as post counts have been abused in the past. Besides, if that did happen I'm sure the staff members could reset that person's points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.