Question for everyone

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by StephenUK, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Does anybody have any problems viewing Imageshack pictures on these forums? Most Imageshack pictures show up as a file name text string for me, and even after disabling all my adblocking and anti-virus software it still continues to do so. This isn't browser specific, as it happens for me whether I use Firefox, IE or Chrome. I know that it works fine for some people as I confirmed with Ordos that he has no problems viewing them, but I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of it. Searching Google for an answer returned nothing worthwhile.

So, any thoughts?

2. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

I don't have any problem either.

You say "most", so some of them are visible? If you can't see images from some specific servers, it could be an outdated dns for example.

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

When I'm at home, I can see them fine. When I am at work, they're blocked off (but I think that's because of work blocking certain stuff). Can you still see the picture if you type the pictures' address in the address bar?

4. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

It's not unusual for workplaces to block imageshack as a whole since there's no control over what can be uploaded there; alternatively a single server can be blocked if a specific NSFW image is reported by someone. Most block filters use a "better safe than sorry" logic and tend to be overzealous.

Also: does this apply only to those stupid image links provided by default which force you to browse a page full of ads, or to the good direct links as well?

This is a direct link:

[​IMG]

5. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

When I see a picture that was not directly copy/pasted on the post, the picture shows up as a little notepad symbol. Take for example, my signature. The image you see was copied straight out Chrome and into the signature box. If I try to place a URL in there, the image shows up as a notepad symbol. I don't know if that's what you're talking about, but that's my issue.   

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.