Self-Moderation is no longer in effect

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Qjimbo, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Self-moderation here has caused more harm than good, so I'm declaring it officially ended as of today. Staff and Admins will call the shots, and using "self-moderation" as an excuse to have a superiority complex over other members is not acceptable (and never was).

No topics asking for extensive help or a hacking partner without some serious proof that you are making considerable effort yourself, topics where you are trying to get other people to do all the work are not acceptable either.

And finally, despite the recent creation of the Intercommunity Zone forum, please do not bring drama here from other boards. That forum is for when people have absolutely nowhere else to turn, and is a place for you if you absolutely must, but otherwise just avoid it. It really is not what this place is about and that forum is simply there to keep that stuff well out the way of everything else. I'm aware this may appear contradictory but I hope you all can understand.

2. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Perhaps down the road self moderation should be reintroduced, but in a different matter.I never thought self moderation made everyone a mod, but telling someone to calm down when they're causing drama shouldn't be against the rules.

The rest of your post, I agree with. Hopefully this will lead to the good of SSRG.

3. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Wait, Qjimbo has made a good decision for once? :D

It's good to see that some things are being sorted out, hopefully the rest of the issues will be fixed.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Self-moderation is a futile concept when the people who are moderating themselves can't be trusted with their own ability to use the privilege properly. Good call.

That dedicated drama forum is just ridiculously retarded, though, as you've officially given administrative support towards community drama being discussed on this forum, whether you deny agreeing with any particular views within it or not. It's... sad, and nothing short of counter-productive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  5. Chaos Hedgie

Chaos Hedgie I'm 30 years old, with a OC. You'll live. Member

aaaaaaaand that was fast

6. Ivy

Ivy Guest

Honestly, if the forum's not put back I've no problem tearing into Tweaker here instead, given his comments are not genuinely in this community's best interests to begin with. Personally I prefered discussing the topic in a forum that was kept well away from everything else and found it productive. If this forum can't at least handle that level of drama I don't see why it's survivable is all that viable. There's nowhere else to do it after all. I dropped a rather FFF PM to Malevolence and I hope he's responsive of it.

I think I missed something last night from the IMs Sonique left me though.

My problem with the idea of this thread here is that some of the actual mods are acting like back-seat mods, only with the power to enforce those decisions. SSRG seriously needs to have some meetings about it's hierarchy because I'm seeing some conflicts of interest.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  7. Chaos Hedgie

Chaos Hedgie I'm 30 years old, with a OC. You'll live. Member

I'd say let's keep the forum open for another week. That should be ample time to resolve all issues

8. Ivy

Ivy Guest

I doubt it, we'll just leave it there and see what happens, it still hasn't really impacted the rest of the forum except that it's driven activity up(probably because people feelguilty about only posting in there lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.