Snake MD

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Selbi, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Today I was browsing through my old disassemblies again and found the project folder of Snake MD, my first ever attempt to create a homebrew Mega Drive/Genesis game (meaning it's incredibly mediocre, so don't expect the overkiller of MD games here). I've started working on this project back in last year's October and lost more and more interest over time, until I completely abandoned it in December.

Seeing that after more than half a year I still haven't continued working on this thing, it's pretty safe to say that it's never going to happen. Not to mention, the reason why I stopped working on this project in the first place was the fact that I made so many mistakes (in fact, the entire engine is one single mistake) that I'd need to rebuild it from scratch anyway.

So, rather than letting this thing rot on my hard drive forever, I've decided to release the ROM and the Source as they are, in the unlikely case that someone cares enough to continue working on it.

[​IMG]

Standalone ROM

Source

Thanks to MarkeyJester, who created the Snake graphics and helped me setting up the basic source. Not sure if anyone else deserves credits, it's been such a long time since I've worked on this thing. :v

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I am glad to see that a sonic hacker upgraded to homebrew I hope more sonic hackers follow Selbi's example. Just a hint you are using tiles for the snake if you used sprites the animation would be much smother other than that it was fun to play I got to "28".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.