Sonic 1 Time Travel

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Katelynn, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katelynn

Katelynn Active Member Member

I'm feeling.... generous today. As with every birthday of mine, I find myself with a tradition of giving back to the community... whether or not they're deserving of it. :D Ive finished enough work on this project to release a demo. There are things I still want to do for this project, so we'll see if I continue it anytime soon. Let's go with a list of changes...

Double Jump feature. More like an air dash, but you get the point

Spindash

Time Travel

slightly edited object layouts to accommodate time travel

new music, and a new drumset, thanks to puto

only... only Green Hill zone works... I went a little crazy at reducing filesize and ended up disabling every other level. Whoops. :D

There aren't many interesting visual effects, just changed palettes. I couldn't get that awesome background in due to background deformation being a total bitch to work with. So, screens aren't exactly necessary. Just remember that GHZ past is green and has AIZ music, and GHZ future is purple and has ALZ music. However, since I've never said anything at CulT/SGMC about this, I'll give you a link to a slightly outdated youtube video. Note that the palettes did NOT stay the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80DPxQPL5c

Download

NOTE: I am NOT trying to "rom roll" you or whatever, this is honest to god. :D

2. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

nice! when you fix those bugs, it will be awesome!

3. shobiz

shobiz Well-Known Member Member

Very nice, I love it. A bit glitchy at times, but I suppose that'll be fixed in future releases.

4. Katelynn

All of the graphical bugs have been fixed. In doing that, I've cause another graphical error, but it's not much, and hardly noticable. I've also coded the past time posts to auto update to future when in the past, and vice versa.

Now, here are some art updates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Springs. They were mashed together using the Chaotix spring heads, S3K coils, and FBZ bases. The yellow ones need a slight palette alteration, so I didn't show those ones.

[​IMG]

What Buzz Bomber looks like in the future time zone. I feel like this is a futuristic/revamped look to the classic buzzbomber, hence him looking like this in the future. If I ever get around to good future and bad future, this will be the good future buzz bomber, while this will be the bad future buzz bomber. (no guarantees about that though)

[​IMG]

What Buzz Bomber looks like in the past time zone. He's the dragonfly badnik from SCD, cause I see him as a primitive/past type of look for a badnik.

Questions/comments/whatever?

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

From the pictures, it's looking good. Although I'm pretty sick of seeing that buzz bomber in peoples hack. Is it the new craze or something? (This doesn't just apply to you, ThunderSpeed, it does to everyone)

6. Thundertimi

Those bad future Buzz Bombers look so great!

You can put right enemies in right places :lol:

7. Katelynn

I'll see if I can slightly modify that buzz bomber when I get the chance, but since art is not my forte, I can't promise it'll look any different. At least I changed it from red to blue. :rolleyes:

8. Katelynn

[​IMG]

HOLY SHIT MAN, WHAT DO I DO?!

So guys, what do you think? I'm gonna make a mini boss of sorts for an undisclosed level, and I've always wanted to see a scorpion done right in a Sonic game. The original art is based on the scorpion badnik from Sonic CD, with revisions done by Chimpo. Props to you man!

Oh, and don't even ask how I'm gonna fit his art into vram, cause I dunno. :p (all those tiles you see there are the only tiles required for all of his animation frames, so that's good at least.)

9. Thundertimi

Fucking nice! Youre good spriter! I hope you find a way to do it.

10. Katelynn

[​IMG]

The art updates to this fucker are done. Only two more tiles needed to be added, surprisingly. Now how's he look?

And Chimpo did the majority of the art, not me. I may have fixed a pixel here or there, but most of it was Chimpo's work.

11. GasparXR

GasparXR Rides the metal monster Member

Ding! That looks really good! It would be cool to see him act like the sand scorpion boss from Secret Rings that you have to hit in the eye(except he's a machine of course)

12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

13. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon is back Member

The hack was cancelled.

14. sonicrules

sonicrules Newcomer In Limbo

The link is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.