Sonic 1 Tokyo Toy Show 1990 Recreation (By Beta Filter)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by BetaFilter, Nov 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BetaFilter

BetaFilter Newcomer Trialist

This hack aims to replicate that seen in the Tokyo Toy Show 1990 build of Sonic the Hedgehog. This recreation was done by a handful of people, myself being the head of the development. The people who helped both test and make sprites for this hack include: CandyDaCat, Cyberooze, NotSoDevy, Original Chris, segasonic, Super Sonic 321, ΓΆΓΆ, and pr1ncesstrunks. This recreation was started on October 16th, 2020, and has gone through multiple resets and disassembly switches, but I'm still working on it. The screenshots are filtered to make them look more authentic to the scans.
    blastem_20211111_180711.png.png blastem_20211111_180719.png.png blastem_20211111_180739.png.png

Angel X, JGamer2151 and DeltaWooloo like this.
  2. CandyDaCat (GottaGoFast)

CandyDaCat (GottaGoFast) Active Member Member

LOOK THERE I AM GARY THERE I AM!!!

I helped a chunk of this remake, from importing foreground scrolling to the Big Jaws.

BetaFilter likes this.
  3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Temporary Secretary: Sir Paul McCartney Staff

Why is this newsworthy? You helped a little. OK, so you'll be (hopefully) credited in the ROM's next release. I don't think it warrants a post.

Also, knock it off with the weird sentences at the start of each post. It makes no sense, and isn't funny (if that's what you are going for).

DeltaWooloo likes this.
  4. BetaFilter

BetaFilter Newcomer Trialist

After a few days of fixing some inaccuracies, bugs, priority issues, and removing unnecessary objects, I've come to announce that this hack will have it's first release, V0.1.0. There are still some notable bugs in the game, such as the Debut Approaching text flickering at the last letter, sometimes when Sonic gets hit by an Enemy lots of things start flickering as well (happens on the most random of occasions), although I haven't ran into any other problems besides those two. Anyways, now presenting V0.1.0! The first initial release of this remake! Hope you all enjoy! (ROM is padded to 256kb.)

Attached Files: