Sonic 2 mod help

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Unspoken, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unspoken

Unspoken Well-Known Member Member

I have added super Tails to Sonic 2 including his rottating palette, I have used Sonic 3k sprites so I used the Sonic 3k palette which means some art needs to be changed. I'm using the 2007 dissembly and I'm trying to find art such as Sonic and Miles "Tails" prower in and the opening screen of each level that says it's name. Also the smoke clouds from exploding enemys.

2. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

You'd be better off reshading tails' sprites using sonmaped than redoing the art (you'll have to redo almost all of the objects). The art will be in the correct art folders. Look in the object table to see what you need and search for the object from there. (Eg, ring is obj25 so you'd search for Obj25) Smoke clouds are shared with monitor explosions and possibly other things.

Edit: Oh, and to actually EDIT the text in the sonic and miles screen, those are mappings, which can be done by searching for options in the disassembly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
  3. Unspoken

Unspoken Well-Known Member Member

I already have used SonMapEd to make convert Sonic and Tails Mappings/DLC's to use sonic 3-k sprites. as for the sonic and Miles "Tails" screen I just want to change the colour of the text. I'll look for what you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.