Sonic 2 Pink Edition

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Psi, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Psi

Psi Well-Known Member Member

I was certain I had already made a thread for this project, but anyway, here's the new revision that I hyped up shamelessly these past few weeks.

General:

As you may know, this hack has been modified to have Team Rose (Amy, Cream and Big) fully playable, along with a few extra bells and whistles such as more VS levels and options, difficulty modes and a few new hidden short cuts and levels.

[​IMG]

New update:

...look it's no secret anymore, it's friggin' Sand Shower.

[​IMG]

Notes:
    * New extra level hidden somewhere at the top of Aquatic Ruin Act 1.
    * Extra level also available in VS mode (replaces Mystic Cave currently, will edit the menu to have all six levels in a later revision).
    * Wood Zone given an overhaul to fix up some graphical and gameplay bugs.
    * New monitors; slow sneakers and the pogo spring, are now found throughout Easy and Hard mode.

Special thanx to:

* Cinossu, Hivebrain and Faceless Fox for helping program the new monitors.
    * DA Garden for bug testing and fixing the new level layouts.
    * Stealth, Dolphman, Zeta_Null and of course, Brenda Ross, for art reference for the new level.
    * Delta Wooloo, djohe, SophieDude, Gemini, Faceless Fox, Markeyjester, and many MANY others for numerous tweaks and bug fixes.

Download:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/202861068224036864/913900217642938508/Sonic_2_Pink_Edition_Rev_2.2.bin

2. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Finally we got a good Sand Shower with good level design and assets.

3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Wow its been a long time since I reviewed anything. So first Id like to say Sand Shower was defiantly one of the best version I have ever played it had new enemies (although there was no new code involved from what I could see) and the new Sand pump gimmick was an interesting idea. I didnt get to play through all of act 2 because I was playing as Big so I ran into Froggy (which was in the main path?) so that was kind of a shame. I dont think I played your Hidden Palace until now and I have no complaints with that and making the elevator faster was something I wish I saw other people do. Now that reviewing is done Id like to show screen shots of some of the bugs I encountered. (only in Big and Cream mode).[​IMG]
    [​IMG]One of Big's pushing sprites collides with some of Creams art. (A simple alignment should fix it)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Now I dont know how but when I got hit a lot of times (Cream as well) on the results screen it counted Creams rings as infinite.. well not quiet it just started the first number as a glitch and then slowly counted down to 0. (it probably took 5 minutes of fast forwarding to get through it). Oh and you can see that Big and Creams ring score are overlapping each other.
    [​IMG]
    I used the butt bounce move but didnt know there were spikes down there (before the signpost) so after I got hurt I went through the wall and got stuck. (had to fast forward to a time over which was glitched out but I forgot to take a screen shot of that). Edit: Forgot to mention I was playing on hard mode.
    [​IMG]
    Now for this glitch a RAM address might be being called (or in my case for ROS being cleared) as an SST. That one tile glitched out after I hit the spring box and moved a couple camera frames. (similarly to ROS)
    [​IMG]
    Okay this one is more of an annoyance. I spent about a minute and a half trying to figure out how to get Big's fat ass up there.
    [​IMG]
    Alright well I had to stop here because the game crashed while I was spamming the cast attack and Chao attack. I for sure did that in other zones too not just Sky Chase, so not sure why it happened here.

So yeah that's it, maybe I will test other characters if you are interested. Anyway happy bug fixing. Edit: Oh yeah this was on Regen
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Crimson Neo, Painto and ProjectFM like this.