Sonic Back In Time | Release

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by FохConED, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Sonic Back In Time - SHC Release!

[​IMG]

Eggman suited a trap to Soniс... Time trap. Help to get out and win from it against the enemy!
    You are waited by adventures in the same places in different times.
    The trap won't allow you to die.
    You won't die: your memory will be erased and you will move all period. And if you aren't able to pass that remains there forever,
    as time paradox...
    You induce in the future, the present and in past time! So far you won't beat the boss in the past... In the past where there were no badniks, the great evil yet...
    When you beat the boss you move further where even more adventures and fun. Also don't forget to punish Eggman!
    Time for Back In Time came!

So, Hack is ready for SHC and decided it to merge about a week of SHC!

Trailer:

Screenshots:

TitleScreen:

[​IMG]

Time travel...
    [​IMG]

Something strange, new...

[​IMG] 

Dream Island Zone Bad Future:

[​IMG]

Dream Island Zone Present:

[​IMG]

Dream Island Zone Past with boss!:

[​IMG]

Laser boss!

[​IMG]

Further I think all of you you will see)
    I hope to you it will be pleasant and you support me on SHC)
    Nobody will be able to support me except you there!
    And now the link on hack!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7mZSjmRwMLUd09ibW5vS3p3ajA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  2. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Seriously people? There's only 3 days to SHC.

Anyway, this hacks looks have really improved, I will take a play on it!

Sad Edit: No, it's not.

3. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member Member

This looks pretty neat...

I'm assuming English isn't your first language though by the grammar in the between zone text... ;P

e: not to be disparaging though, it's nice for a hack that doesn't edit any level art or chunks...

edit 2 i may be drunk but i'm still gunna curse whoever programmed the final boss with a death in the family

4. Devon

Devon A̸ ̴S̴ ̵C̵ ̷E̶ ̸N̸ ̴D̶ ̵E̶ ̸D̶ Member

Noooo! Not Vladikcomper! Why would you ever do that to him?

Anyways, about the hack, I didn't really have fun with this hack, to be honest. The levels felt too short and I felt that some parts of the layouts were dickish, especially with spike and enemy placement, so those should be improved on. I find that the screen between each act is rather annoying and disrupts progress. The only boss I actually enjoyed was the final boss, but the others, not so much, because I found they were rather dickish than fun. I'm not a big fan of some of the art changes, like the trees in the first zone, and some of the colors for the palettes didn't really fit, in my opinion. The time travel concept isn't done well. It just changes from future to present to past with each zone, and I kind of see it as lazy, especially with the first zone, where each act is nearly identical.

In conclusion, there's still more work to be done with this hack, but I do see that there was some work put into this, instead of being rushed on a weekend.

5. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Welp you found a way to make your hack even worse than the pre-release! Boo.

BUT IS IT?

6. TotallyNotDan

TotallyNotDan I am available as a play tester! Member

I'm sorry but I just can't even fucking begin with this, but because I'm nice I will give you the decency of seeing me at least try to process this.

1. this has literally 0% continuity, every act is a palette swap and background change of its predecessor.

2. no clear indication of time travel let alone getting them in the right freaking order.

3. The enemies , bosses , etc. are far far too dickish. there is a real difference between difficulty and obnoxious placement. learn the difference.

4. The English in the parts between zones and acts needs to be SEVERELY REVISED

5. the 2nd zone's miniboss is pointless and time wasting its falling blocks with no Robotnik.

if it sounds like I'm bashing I apologise but seriously this needs far more work. I don't sugar coat. I prefer to give accurate criticism. If you don't like peoples negativity then channel it into making it positive.

keep improving,

-Dan

P.S : If you want a play tester I'm available

7. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

So, we must rename this to:

"Sonic 1: BUT IS IT Edition".

Also, isn't suposse to put credit in thread for who helped you, like Vladik's boss and Ivan_Yo's SMPS?

But is it?

Seriously though, that green screen is really annoying, it appear in every time I pass a level.

8. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Okay, I've given this a go and did some commentary on it.  I'll upload it tomorrow so you can get my opinion on it then.  If you want a quick "How did you find it, RHS?",  I will have to answer... it's OK.  There's a fair few positives, but a lot of negatives.  Until tomorrow!

9. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

So... This was an interesting experience. In both ways.

Positive points:

• I like the level layouts. 3 times in a row though...
    • Night City boss. It is challenging enough that I can beat it in 10 seconds flat but it isn't so hard that it makes me want to rip my hair out
    • Music. I swear I was humming those tunes at school a week afterwards.
    • Egg Station Zone. Challenging layouts, good music, awesome art... What more could I ask for?
    • The effort that has gone into this hack. This project is pretty good at the moment!

Negative points:

• The same layout 3 times. I feel that this is just plain lazy to be honest.
    • The grammar on the warp screen. Should I suggest to use "BUT HAVE YOU?" instead of "BUT IS IT?" and "BUT WHAT WILL AWAIT US IN THE NEXT ZONE?" instead of "BUT WHAT WAIT US IN THE NEXT TIME?"
    • The... Final Boss... Do you know how much hair is surrounding the computer due to me pulling it out in frustration?!
    • The use of palettes that are almost identical to Sonic 1. Also just plain lazy.
    • Why is the future always so bleak? Where's the Good Future?
    • Same music for every time zone. Maybe put a mix on the track to suit the time zone it's in?
    • I complete the game. Awesome! I wait for the credits to finish. They don't. I soft reset (that's what I usually do). It gives me a debug screen... Not good.
    • Time travel. That got me really excited when I first saw it but you really let me down here. Maybe implement Sonic CD-like time travel.

I may add to this list later but for now, get those issues fixed before next release. Thanks!

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

As promised, here we are!

Link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.